• Show
Clear All

• 89LincolnTWNcar
    replied
    To hell with it, I'm swapping in a T5 >

Leave a comment:

• 1987cp
    replied
    Bleh. Might try posting up at ClickClickRacing, but I'm thinking (and I'm no AOD expert by any means) that your tranny is royally screwed. I think that's the technical term ....

Leave a comment:

• 89LincolnTWNcar
    replied
    Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
    Oh, was that your problem? That's not a valvebody problem!
    We'll it's a bit more complicated, because the transmission was completely overhauled with new clutches and seals, new OD band, shift kit, and brand new torque converter <500 miles ago. Wouldn't shift out of first after the rebuild so pulled VB and found couple valves stuck, had to ream the bores and install an oversized 1-2 shift valve (i think) and then we got 1-2-3 but OD would slip out... it's a mess right now lol

Leave a comment:

• 1987cp
    replied
    Oh, was that your problem? That's not a valvebody problem!

Leave a comment:

• 89LincolnTWNcar
    replied
    Installed the used VB, adjusted the shift linkage (which was off), found the 2-3 accumulator had popped it's C-clip and was cocked in the bore :/ Fixed all that and it still slips badly in 1st gear from a stop, and neutrals out in OD.

Leave a comment:

• 89LincolnTWNcar
    replied
    I'll know this week if this valve body fixes my issues or not, I'll let ya'll know how it goes.

Leave a comment:

• turbo2256b
    replied
    One of those tranys we were going to trade for the HHP wheels is a 90 ot 91 witgh linkage. Will still trade for them if you come get it.

Leave a comment:

• 1987cp
    replied
    Try www.silverfoxtrans.com

Leave a comment:

• 89LincolnTWNcar
    replied
    I got a valve body now, and a "B" servo, but if you found an "A" servo would still be interested.

Leave a comment:

• MattsLincoln
    replied
    Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
    I'll check the yards, I recall seeing a few SuperCoupes, not sure what years though.

harrys has 2-3 super coupes one red one and one white one. i would check those out john.

Leave a comment:

• 86VickyLX
    replied
    Originally posted by 89LincolnTWNcar View Post
    yea I'm interested! Have to check if it will fit my Lincoln, I'm thinking it will but I'll check Alldata and Mitchell at school today and see.
    I'll check the yards, I recall seeing a few SuperCoupes, not sure what years though.

Leave a comment:

• 89LincolnTWNcar
    replied
    Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
    Would you want a Supercoupe valve body?
    yea I'm interested! Have to check if it will fit my Lincoln, I'm thinking it will but I'll check Alldata and Mitchell at school today and see.

Leave a comment:

• 86VickyLX
    replied
    Originally posted by 89LincolnTWNcar View Post
    Hey guys, I'm on the lookout for a known-good 89'+ valve body for the AOD, as well at the "A" overdrive servo that had better clamping force from the supercoupe AOD. Also looking for 89 TV cable and possibly linkage at the trans side.

Also looking for any relays relating to the auto-dim headlight circuit, including the high to low beam and the sensor amplifier that goes on the rear-view mirror. Thanks.
    Would you want a Supercoupe valve body?

Leave a comment:

• WTB '89+ AOD valve body, A servo, relays, auto-dim amplifier, TV cable

Hey guys, I'm on the lookout for a known-good 89'+ valve body for the AOD, as well at the "A" overdrive servo that had better clamping force from the supercoupe AOD. Also looking for 89 TV cable and possibly linkage at the trans side.

Also looking for any relays relating to the auto-dim headlight circuit, including the high to low beam and the sensor amplifier that goes on the rear-view mirror. Thanks.
Working...
X