Pair of 3G's Conveniently With Wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pair of 3G's Conveniently With Wiring

looking to buy 2 3G alts. one for my Merc and one for the 88 TC. def need wiring.

im asking form you guys because yards are scarce where i live and ones we do have, have no older cars and suck in general
    Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
    Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
    Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Unless someone's got one laying around they'll give ya for shipping price, the cost of the alt plus shipping would probably be close to that of a new one from autozone. Plus you'd have a new clean one.

The wiring can easily be acquired here though. If you don't have some next time I go to the yard ill pick some for ya. Including mega fuse.

Also these don't need to come off older cars. Late 90's Taurus' should be readily available anywhere.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - Currently restoring after she caught fire! CFI to SEFI to Carb swap, all custom wiring, Duraspark 2 ignition, Motorcraft 2100 Carb, slicktop, Shorty headers dumped before rear axle, 140 Speedo, 3G alt, And currently building an engine for her.

2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series - 165XXX, PI intake swap , 30 MPG Easy on the Highway, All options except dual exhaust. Currently looking for 2 front seats: Heated, Memory, and Light Graphite color!!

Comment

I would also be interested in a COMPLETE wiring 3G set up (with Megafuse) should anyone come across one in a yard. I know there are new kits, on the Internet, but would buy a JY setup, if reasonable. Thanks....Bobby

P.S. I can get the alternator, itself, so really interested in the wiring setup.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

If you are planning on buying a reman/new alternator I would be a little careful of where you buy it from. I've heard some not-so-nice things about some of the rebuilt ones they are putting on the shelves lately. Most of the ones that are sold in my area are supposedly rebuilt at a prison in West Virginia (not sure if that's true or just a load of bs).

1989 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series | 249k miles, current project car
        2018 BMW 430i xDrive M-Sport | 50k miles
        2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport | 97k miles

Comment

Originally posted by fmansfield444 View Post
          Unless someone's got one laying around they'll give ya for shipping price, the cost of the alt plus shipping would probably be close to that of a new one from autozone. Plus you'd have a new clean one.

The wiring can easily be acquired here though. If you don't have some next time I go to the yard ill pick some for ya. Including mega fuse.

Also these don't need to come off older cars. Late 90's Taurus' should be readily available anywhere.
          new one from AZ is $140 for all new and $120 for reman (both have a core cost too and I've never had a problem swapping out the old/different alt as a core at my AZ) Shipping can be done in the USPS Large flat rate box for a little over $15. So with all the wiring and such... even with the cost of shipping, it shouldn't be that bad (especially from the yards around Scottmang if you can get some of the guys up that way to fetch it all for ya).

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Ebay to the rescue!! $64.95 w/ Free shipping. I didn't dig deep, there may be better deals.

Pricey, but easy. Mustang spec, but I **think** it would work on a Panther. It may be too long.

Last edited by tjc78; 05-01-2013, 02:03 PM.
            2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
            2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
            Past Panthers
            1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
            if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

that looks about right to go across the top of the AC bracket to the battery. The one to go along the stock location is MUCH longer.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by tjc78 View Post
                Ebay to the rescue!! $64.95 w/ Free shipping. I didn't dig deep, there may be better deals.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-TAURUS-...ht_1063wt_1141
                I got mine from Ebay as well, it doesn't get much better than that.

This is where I got mine:

These are used, so like anything used you may be taking your chances regardless of if it works when you get it, but mine has been fine for the past 2 months (other than problems I created myself).
                I think I actually payed a little more when I bought it but not much.
                Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

if you all can dig some up. LET ME KNOW. im in desperate need of one now. my battery is dieing overnight occasionally because the fucking alt isnt charging it at all hardly. so byt the time i park it its still dead. note: i dont have efi so all my powerdrain comes from stereo and such

all jokes aside im in serious need of one before my battery is completely fucked.. i cant afford a new one
                  Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
                  Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
                  Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

If you need one bad I've got a spare 1G just like you've got that you can have for shipping. Won't be what ya want but it worked last I used it. Put out 14 before I did the swap
                    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - Currently restoring after she caught fire! CFI to SEFI to Carb swap, all custom wiring, Duraspark 2 ignition, Motorcraft 2100 Carb, slicktop, Shorty headers dumped before rear axle, 140 Speedo, 3G alt, And currently building an engine for her.

2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series - 165XXX, PI intake swap , 30 MPG Easy on the Highway, All options except dual exhaust. Currently looking for 2 front seats: Heated, Memory, and Light Graphite color!!

Comment

whats your opinions on reman stuffs. i can tolerate some reman products but idk how i feel about an alternator.

Comment

I guess it al depends upon who rebuilt it! A gorilla or craftsman!! I would go for a new one or OEM rebuild but you may need to vote with your wallet. Bobby

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

Comment

wallet always wins my friend... but this is the reman i was looking at

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
                          I got mine from Ebay as well, it doesn't get much better than that.

This is where I got mine:

These are used, so like anything used you may be taking your chances regardless of if it works when you get it, but mine has been fine for the past 2 months (other than problems I created myself).
                          I think I actually payed a little more when I bought it but not much.

Comment

Have you checked ROCKAUTO? They have some pretty good prices...

Comment

reman or new I ALWAYS have the store I buy from test it first. I have bought new alts that are bad out of the box.

Although if you buy online that will not be available

Comment

Working...
                              X