82 ltd crown vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 ltd crown vic

looking for a nice rust free rear bumper for 82 ltd with no padding , and would like to know if anyone knows some one that knows how to rebuild varible venturi carb or what to do with all the wiring and sensors when converting it to a 4 barrel [gtstripecar@aol.com] thanks tim

Finding a stripless rear bumper in good shape may be a challenge...ebay search didn't turn one up. May want to try some local junkyards, you have some good ones in PA. If you need some guidance on rebuilding the VV carb I can help you, It's really not that difficult if you are familiar with carbs at all, unless something is really out of wack. I have some extra parts as well if you need them. If you are going 4 barrel you can rip all the computer related wiring out, and the smog pump stuff as well, since that is controlled by the computer. You need to jump two of the wires on the ignition module that deal with ignition timing, I'd have to check which ones. Or buy one of the Duraspark 2 ignition modules. If you do all that be sure to check your base timing when you're done, mine was way off! Is this a 351 or 302?
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

it is a 302 i rebuilt the carb, but it acts like a choke is stuck on and loads up only when it is cold out. junk yards are all closed up or krushed all the older stuff around where i live. just lost the last one last summer. my grandpa bought this car new and the only rust is the rear bumper. car has original paint and interior. i have widow sticker to it too.the only mods done to it is the police car duel exhaust i am putting on it. it is not as easy to understand how to repair as my 67 fairlanes

Comment

Do wagons have same bumpers?

Comment

Wagon rear bumpers are wider and different on the top, where the step pad goes. There is a place I called for used bumpers that has one but, kind of pricey.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Running rich huh? sounds familiar...what was it doing before the rebuild? I am going to try and email you a PDF of diagnostics you can do with the computer. The procedure is a bit strange (jump a wire, run car at 2K RPM for 2 minutes, then hit the engine with a pipe and hammer) However it may be able to give you a code relating to something simple. I tried to fix mine and was unable to, but that does not mean you won't be able to. Mine also ran rich.
            -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

my dad left it sit after grandpa died and it was gummed up. never had a problem with it at all untill grandpa was not here to see to it.

Comment

Working...
              X