Looking for 1 Towny Turbine Rim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for 1 Towny Turbine Rim

after we pulle dth eoriginal 3 turbines off the 88 to put the new rims on we were gonna scrap them because they were pretty toast. pitted, clear peeling, little knicks and scratches.. the works ya know. but after this rediculous winter im in need of a set of tires so im gonna recycle the 3 turbines we have and use them on my merc. only issue is here i only have 3 rims.

so im looking to buy a single turbine off an 80s towny. doesnt.. i reapeat DOES NOT HAVE TO BE A GOOD RIM. i dont care about the appearance. it does need to be straight though. im plastidipping all 4 before i get fresh rubber. i just want a 4th matching rim. let me know whos got a crappy one they dont want.

im also incredibly low on cash but it NEEDS done im willing to put something out to a fellow enthusiast. i dont really know their value so just name a price and ill say whether or not i have that much.

as always... thanks guys
    Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
    Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
    Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

update... im also needing a set of those longer lug nuts to fit the turbines also
    Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
    Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
    Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

This style?

2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
      2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
      2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

negative on that one there bud. but if you got a good price on the set with rubber included i may be interested. those look nice. let me dig up the towny profile and give the link. there should be a pic on it of the rims

Comment

kinda hard to see but hres a link to the thread. you can see the rims SORT OF.... theyre all straight spoke rims no fancy pattern.

its post #49

Comment

Standard turbine rims('80-'89)

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Yep, just regular turbines then. Should be easy to find. Even a 90/91 one would look close enough to work.
              2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
              2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
              2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
              1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

there we go then. looking for an 80-89 turbine.. in whatever condition available and a full set of lugs from them.

Comment

I thought 91 alone was the oddball without the charcoal paint in the spokes.
                  1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

More like a late '90. Its safer just to cut it off at '89

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

I've got a full set of turbines, actually two sets, collecting dust in my shed, if you want I can pry the flat tire off one and see what it would cost to ship to you. I should have some of the longer lug nuts too, but do you have a pic of them just to be sure?
                      Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

hey sxcpotatos. i need a turbine rim too. one of mine is cracked. i'm only in PA if you tell me what you want for one with shipping.

Comment

If you find some in the junkyard, you can get the tire off with a Swiss Army knife, a flathead screwdriver, and a wire cutters.
                          1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

Originally posted by HiFiMerc View Post
                            I thought 91 alone was the oddball without the charcoal paint in the spokes.
                            Correct. The veins on the '91 wheels are not machined, either
                            sigpic
                            1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28
                            1981 Chevrolet Corvette
                            1987 Pontiac Trans Am
                            1989 Pontiac Trans Am GTA
                            1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
                            2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
                            2006 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro

Comment

That I knew, my dad has a 91 with Turbines, and my little utility trailer has the non machined wheels.

I prefer the machined ones personally.

Comment

Working...
                              X