Drivers door switch panel needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drivers door switch panel needed

I pushed the lock button and the switch fell out of the the panel so I'm looking for a non-broken plastic switch panel for my drivers door.
    I noticed the spots where the screws that hold the switches in were not fully intact and now one finally broke, if you see one just post it here or if you have one let me know.
    Thanks,
    Tom
    1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

for which car?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

My fix for those are using a long threaded screw. Cut the head off and epoxy the screw (which is basically a stud now) into the correct position. Use a nut that fits to secure the rest.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackVic_P71 View Post
        I'm looking for a non-broken plastic switch panel for my drivers door.

sorry...haha

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
        My fix for those are using a long threaded screw. Cut the head off and epoxy the screw (which is basically a stud now) into the correct position. Use a nut that fits to secure the rest.

That's a great idea! Never thought of that. I'll have to remember that the next time I have to take a door panel off.
        1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
          for which car?
          Wagon, 2003+ doesn't have screws in the switch panel.

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

I guess that's worth a try when I take the panel off to replace the window motor.

Comment

I been running the panels in my vic like that for years.
              ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

ah... the aeros still have screws holding the switches to the panel.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

In case you didn't know, you'll have to drill three holes in the door to access the bolts for the motor. It can be done without drilling, but it's a major PITA.
                  1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

I have one, The screws holes have some splits in them, but will still work fine if you don't over tighten the screws. veightpete@gmail.com WagonMan
                    89 Colony Park
                    90 Colony Park
                    70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

I did that today, thanks for the tip.
                      I guess this can go away or get locked now.

Comment

Sweet.
                        ~David~

Comment

Working...
                        X