WTB: Burgandy/Red dashboard cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: Burgandy/Red dashboard cover

My new '85 GM has an extremely extra mint dashboard and I'd like to keep her that way. Anyone have a burgundy dash pad cover (one of those fabric ones I'm thinking) that they're looking to sell? Name your price! I'm in Bellmore, NY for the sake of a shipping

EDIT: I might consider other colors as well, I just rather not spend 40 bucks on a new one if I can help it
    Last edited by 84GrandMarquis; 05-05-2014, 08:25 PM.

sigpic

I used to sell dashcovers as part of my previous business. I would recommend the carpet type. Dashcovers do not protect the dash from cracking. They make it look nice. In addition to the cover, careful cleaning and keeping it out of the direct sun will do the most to protect it.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I have one of those sun-screens that I use, I was just concerned with the sun beating on it when I drive. The car's been garaged 90% of it's life, but unfortunately I don't have that luxury. I was thinking about making a template of the the dashboard pad itself and ask my grandfather to sew a cover of some sort. Probably out of canvas material

sigpic

Comment

I took cardboard, cut it out to fit, and wrapped it in faux fur. It's held in place with trim pieces. Not showcar material, but it's good enough for me lol. I need some pictures of it installed

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03130.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	1274224

Comment

almost looks buffalo-ish... or should I say Bison-ish.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
          X