WTB Radiator for my '85 Grand Marquis LS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB Radiator for my '85 Grand Marquis LS

My car still has the original radiator and it's ready to go. It's got a very slow pin-hole size leak in the fins that's probably going to turn into a very big leak soon. I add about a quart of coolant every few days to keep it topped off.

I really do not want to put a Chinese aluminum radiator w/ plastic tanks in, I don't trust them at all. (not a fan of all aluminum either) I searched for a new brass/copper rad but I don't think anyone makes them. I looked into having it re-cored but it's a lot of money (over $400) that I don't feel like spending. What are the odds somewhere here has a NOS Ford rad (I will pay handsomely) that they're looking to sell? Or maybe a good used Ford radiator they're selling? I don't know how practical it is to put a used one in considering it's going to probably be just as old as my current one.

sigpic

I put a dual core all aluminum in the Mark I sold... worked like a champ. The 88 has a parts store special aluminum with plastic tanks rad and it works like a champ too. The aluminum ones aren't bad and in most cases are actually pretty good.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Make sure your grounding is proper if you do that. A quick voltage check from the water in the radiator to ground will tell you. If it reads voltage, ground the radiator itself and see if it doesn't go away. If its got voltage it will rot out the radiator in a hurry.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I have a used three core HD radiator from an 86 Colony Park with trailer tow package. LMK if you are interested. WagonMan
        veightpete@gmail.com
        89 Colony Park
        90 Colony Park
        70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

Thanks for all the replies, but after much searching I got extremely lucky. An old mom & pop auto parts store the next town over had one sitting on a back shelf (Probably for the last 10 years). Copper/Brass and made in Mexico (I'll take anything over China) all for only $135, score! It's an ARS, I've never heard of them, but the guys at the store said it was a decent brand and that apparently Ford had bought the company years ago.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X