Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbine Wheels

Hey folks,

Just putting this out there. I've heard on the street that some people are apparently "giving" these away. I'm not sure how true that is, but if this is the case and someone has a set of these lying around collecting dust and are within a few hours' drive I would certainly like to know.

I'm not fully expecting them to be free, fyi, but I am looking for a great deal if there is one out there. Also, if they're free, that's amazing and yes please.

Of course, I could be way off base with this and I'm more than willing to wait while I save up the proper amount of money to do a fair deal with someone in the future!

Cheers,

Sean
    ************************************************** ******************************
    1997 Crown Vic - Mostly rust free, moderate mileage. On the road... but far from perfect. **SOLD**
    1985 Crown Vic in 2-Tone Blue **SOLD**
    http://automophiliac.blogspot.ca/

i have a mint looking set for 160 but i am in central pennsylvania

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

That's a little too far for me. But thanks for letting me know. If you remember, give me a shout if you end up selling them because otherwise I'll keep you in mind if I can't find anything more local.
      ************************************************** ******************************
      1997 Crown Vic - Mostly rust free, moderate mileage. On the road... but far from perfect. **SOLD**

Comment

Well, I was at the big classic car show in Bothwell today. For those of you who don't know or who live too far away, every August in Bothwell Ontario there is a MASSIVE classic car show/cars for sale corral/parts vendors show. The highlight of the day is always the HUGE 50/50 draw (this year it was just north of $22K each way). Anyway, scored some of these rims at a vendor's booth for a good price. Pretty awesome shape, though I will have to shine em up a bit... also I'm still going to need center caps at some point in the future cause these ones are sans caps.

Comment

Keep checking Ebay on center caps. I just saw a set of four a few days ago. What was the good deal on the turbines ? If one of the pins that holds the center caps breaks off, they are available, so don't throw the rim away.

Comment

Interested in some aftermarket wheels to hold you over? (with tires, but not the ford center caps)

Alex.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by GM_Guy View Post
              Interested in some aftermarket wheels to hold you over? (with tires, but not the ford center caps)

Alex.
              Thanks for the offer! Those look pretty sweet, but I'm just going to stay with my humble stock wire hubcap covered steelies. They're good enough for now. If I got yours my car would look too good and I'd be too lazy and never get my turbines finished up!

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
                Keep checking Ebay on center caps. I just saw a set of four a few days ago. What was the good deal on the turbines ? If one of the pins that holds the center caps breaks off, they are available, so don't throw the rim away.
                Oh good news. I was kicking myself, because it turns out I'm going to need 12 of these things. All of them are shorn off I didn't know enough about them before I bought these. It sucks too because there were a cheaper set with the centers, but I didn't go with them because the rims were in worse shape. Also someone had painted the centers of all of the caps gold. Ruined em good.

Anyway, I did some research this morning and it turns out I need these nubs for center caps to work at all... my heart sank pretty deep. I figured though that the stocks of the old nubs could be machined out of the rims and and new ones put in... if I could find the right person. Felt pretty dumb though.

Do your research before you buy!

All in all though not a bad deal considering the rims are in pretty decent shape and my problem is fixable. Cost me $110CAD and a coffee.

Where can I get these things?

Comment

Well I know I sold some nos to a member here about a year ago. Don't remember who or if they want to sell some. I know I have some in my spare parts stock. I have four sets of wheels, so I do need spares. I have I can at least get you a Ford part number. If you find some scrap ones off the car, you can use a punch, hammer and maybe some PB blaster and they come right out. If you need twelve that is the cheap way to go. I will get back with you shortly ok.
                  Last edited by Mainemantom; 08-09-2015, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Here is the Ford part # EOAZ-1A103-A When running the number, run it several ways, with and without dashes. EO or E0. "Back counter" shows two dealers that have two. They come multiples to a box. Your best bet if you need twelve is to hit a pick a part yard.

Comment

Thanks for the number! I'll see what I can track down. Also, if you ever need to get rid of some, lemme know!

Comment

The one dude here never got back with me for my turbines. Is Indiana too far?
                        Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Originally posted by p71towny View Post
                          The one dude here never got back with me for my turbines. Is Indiana too far?
                          I already picked some up, but maybe yours are better? The ones I picked up are in great shape, but they lack the centre cap pins... which is a bummer since I will now have to source a full set of 12!

Indiana is like a 6 hour drive for me (one way), so I'm not too sure if that would work for me. May be worth it though if they're complete. What were you asking and what sort of shape are they in?

Cheers!

Comment

Free and they are all stock with caps and pins.
                            Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Originally posted by p71towny View Post
                              Free and they are all stock with caps and pins.
                              Free would probably be worth the drive! Where about are you in Indiana?

Comment

Working...
                              X