Good morning Ford fans:-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning Ford fans:-)

I need the vac line that runs from the "coffee can" vac reserve tank on the drivers front inner fender, back to the vac "tree" under the hood.

The above for my '86 MGM 5.0 Tudor.

Thanks in advance!!

The problem with old vac lines are that they are old vac lines. I have replaced some of the lines on my Topaz and Bobby's GM so they can be found (though not the original ones - only replacement lines). The line you are referring to is thinner and has larger molded ends. I would just get a line that fits both ends and call it a day. Shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

Windshield washer hose is probably the size you need. Get a crapton of that and you can replace a bunch of your vacuum lines with it. That poly crap just crumbles when it gets old and doesn't exist anywhere but the dealer. Save yourself the hassle and use the proper-sized rubber hose.

Comment

If you don't want a really long run of rubber line, buy some brake line in the right size, and use short lengths of rubber line to connect on either end. Make for neater long runs and you don't need to worry about rotting rubber if it passes anywhere hot.

Alex.

Comment

If its damaged in one spot, I'd cut the damaged bit out and bridge that spot with rubber line that fits it.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I was actually thinking of doing that!
            Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
            If its damaged in one spot, I'd cut the damaged bit out and bridge that spot with rubber line that fits it.

Comment

Steel brake line???
              Originally posted by GM_Guy View Post
              If you don't want a really long run of rubber line, buy some brake line in the right size, and use short lengths of rubber line to connect on either end. Make for neater long runs and you don't need to worry about rotting rubber if it passes anywhere hot.

Alex.

Comment

copper also works, and its a mite easier to bend. That copper-nickel brake line is a nice compromise. Not so cranky to bend as steel.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                X