Dreaming of 85-89 LTC rear bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dreaming of 85-89 LTC rear bumper

Any 85-89 LTC rear bumpers out there with no rust? Loooooooooong shot I know!!!!
    sigpic
    89 LTC 429>557 Cobrajet stroker
    13 F-150 XLT 6.2 l
    "If I could separate what's real from what I've been dreaming I could live to fight another day"

I've seen a few... but they're still on the road. There is that box limo in the yard (EZ-Pull) out near Scott, but I have no idea how good that bumper is.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Find one on Car-part.com in the western US. I am sure they have plenty. Have it shipped. Have the yard send pictures before you buy. Bite the bullet on the shipping but at least you will have a good bumper.

Comment

Ash and I could always keep a look out at the yards. I've seen some good dent free rear LTC bumpers with no visible rust on the front side but the reverse side is typically a little scaly. Let me know if we should pull one when we find it.
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

They do exist in aluminum. Those don't rust, but the aluminum oxidizes and the chrome peels away in big sheets.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Our bumpers be made from ally-oohm-in-uhm. Oxidization & rust be the same thing.

Comment

well, they also exist in steel, where you get honest to goodness rust. My original bumpers had massive rust holes.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

In north East ohio its a long shot, but down here in the south its very easy. Probably not cost effective to ship a bumper tho.

Comment

Yeah, if only it was. Some doofus put a Dodge bumper on our C3500 at some point. I'd like to go back to the bow tie but at this point, they're all just too crusty around here. Come to think of it, I'm surprised we even found tow hooks worth taking. On a side note, getting the license plate lights to work was a real easter egg hunt. Dodge has to have the worst designs imaginable. I must've cut and pulled 30 separate harnesses/bulb sockets and all are corroded (wires are completely black) or torn or have some other internal issue. Finally got two to work after some creative zip tie work and splicing, I think I prefer crimping + heat shrink tube to soldering by at least 200%.

Comment

Yup my car has the steel rear bumper. Getting some good rust on the bottom lip. Shipping would be high but so is fixing the existing bumper. I have a nos guard strip since mine has a crushed area.
                    sigpic
                    89 LTC 429>557 Cobrajet stroker
                    13 F-150 XLT 6.2 l
                    "If I could separate what's real from what I've been dreaming I could live to fight another day"

Comment

I wonder what determined which bumper you got? I didn't realize aluminum ones were possible until we pulled one from a yard car, was expecting it to be really heavy lol. Ashley also has an '89 and hers is aluminum..

Comment

I'm still looking for one as well. Seems to be as common as hens' teeth.
                        Maybe next year.
                        Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 335,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
                        Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 284,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

Comment

Working...
                        X