This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LTB: 1987 Lincoln Mark VII instrumentation

I have a 1987 lincoln mark VII that I bought about a month ago and looking for a analog speedometer cluster and trim piece. Will be using it to replace the digital one. Also, would love to have the electrical connector to go with it so, I can do some repining of the wires and such. Thanks!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

I don't think its quite that simple. As far as I know, its been looked at a lot of times and its more involved than simply replacing one cluster with the other. If you know of a way though, I'm sure others want to know.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

My main concern is to have a working speedo. After looking at schematics for both, seems like the wiring is the same for the VSS that goes to the speedometer head(plus the rest of the wiring looks the same for t-signals and such). After adding a wire for the tach, should be mint. Seems like the fuel gauge is the issue but, not for me. Plan on swapping the fuel sending unit and running with an aftermarket fuel gauge. I dont want to mess with the anti-slosh module and such. If I was going to do a complete working swap... I would be buying a new digital cluster lol. Since I just need function, I believe I can make this swap work for me.

But yes, I need a instrument cluster and connector to start figuring out this swap.

Also, plan on doing a 5-speed swap. Have a 92 mustang 5L and T5 on the way!

Comment

also, looking for a grey '83'-'89 box steering wheel and '88-'89 horn button pad.

Comment

I have a cluster out of a 1990 Mark VII

2011 Ford Ranger Sport 4.0 2wd - Magnaflow Axleback exhaust, K&N 63 Series CAI, DiabloSport 87 Octane tune, LEDs, 3000K LED projector fogs, 5000K Mini H1 projectors - Daily
          1967 Ford Galaxie 500 Sedan "C-Code" - 289 2bbl/Cruise-O-Matic - Money pit/project

Comment

I wonder if its the same as the previous years. If so, I would love to buy it off you. How much?

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
              I wonder if its the same as the previous years. If so, I would love to buy it off you. How much?
              Make an offer, I bought it because it looked cool and gauge clusters were $15 at the pick n' pull that day lol.

2011 Ford Ranger Sport 4.0 2wd - Magnaflow Axleback exhaust, K&N 63 Series CAI, DiabloSport 87 Octane tune, LEDs, 3000K LED projector fogs, 5000K Mini H1 projectors - Daily
              1967 Ford Galaxie 500 Sedan "C-Code" - 289 2bbl/Cruise-O-Matic - Money pit/project

Comment

I will let you know in a couple days. Might be getting a whole 1990 complete parts car. I may buy it off you still. Spares are always good lol

Comment

Okay sounds good

Comment

Till then, still looking for a box steering wheel, grey in color. Non leather wrap preferred.

Comment

Till then, still looking for a box steering wheel, grey in color. Non leather wrap preferred.
                      Theres an '88 TC at my local yard with a grey wheel, not sure if its leather wrapped. its a Signature Series

Comment

If you guys find a nice tan leather wrapped TC wheel let me know! I want one and can't find one. I prefer the leather wrap as the finger nubs on the non wrapped ones cause fatigue after awhile.
                        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by 89TownCar View Post
                          Theres an '88 TC at my local yard with a grey wheel, not sure if its leather wrapped. its a Signature Series
                          If you happen to go to that yard. let me know ASAP! Will take the horn pad too!

Will keep an eye out for tan steering wheels!

Comment

Will keep an eye out for tan steering wheels!
                            Mucho appreciado! Once I get one of those whoever wants my stocker can have it, it's in really nice shape.
                            1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                            1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by 89TownCar View Post
                              Make an offer, I bought it because it looked cool and gauge clusters were $15 at the pick n' pull that day lol.

Would you do $35 shipped, for the cluster? Unless shipping is some ridiculous price lol

Comment

Working...
                              X