Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    A big THANKS to GADGET!!!

And, Jason Vogelsberg IS the greatest mechanic ALIVE!

I took on the project of cleaning out the EGR passages (see Gadget's link on a couple posts back). I am not mechanically inclined, but I read and re-read the steps in the walkthrough on the link, and did my best. The harsh idle is gone! It was a big job for me, took me over three hours due to inexperience and shamefully inadequate tools and equipment. But it's done, and the car is running very well again.

Now I've got to replace the anceint rubber fittings I destroyed in the process.

There is two lines that connect to the PCV. The larger line, the one on the bottom IIRC, connects to a solid plastic tube, which then connects to a rubber T (that goes dirctly to the block at the bottom), whick the runs a solid plastic hose over to the drivers side, passing under the throttle body, which then connects to the valve cover, I think (it was hard to see) via a rubber hose. That piece of hose broke, and the T broke. UGHA! I "borrowed" some hose from the radiator overflow, cleaned it out, and reconnected the drivers side bit using it, but it is barely hanging on. And I globbed gasket sealent all over the T connector in hopes it'll provide enough seal to prevent vacuum leak. It's working for now.

So, this not-even-amerature mechanic, and GMN perman00b, cobbled everything back together and it's better than it was when I started. I am giving myself an intarweb pat on the back!

:poop2::rock::smirk::headbang::woot::jammin:

All-right! :banana:

Now get yourself to your local discount parts store and get brandy new vacuum lines and fittings so it's really right.
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
      Now get yourself to your local discount parts store and get brandy new vacuum lines and fittings so it's really right.
      The moment I get paid, sir, the moment I get paid.
      Back in the saddle again!

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in Unimaginative Bureaucratic Brown
      Bone stock... for now.

Comment

:p sorry!
        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
          :p sorry!
          It's okay, no reason to run! I won't hit you or throw stuff. But you're right, I gotta get those parts.
          Back in the saddle again!

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in Unimaginative Bureaucratic Brown
          Bone stock... for now.

Comment

Working...
          X