most 92-98 Panther recall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mercury93 View Post
    Got a letter in the mail today from Ford saying that they had replacement parts ready. I'm going to call my dealer tomorrow to see if they can actually fix it instead of just cutting a wire and calling it a fix.
    I just took Babyblue in and all they did was add an inline fuse, they didn't cut anything they just clipped it on. Simply took 10mins and they were done
    sigpic[LIST][*]99 Crown Vic Police Interceptor aka The Cruiser
    [*]87 Chevy 20 Van 350TBI
    [*]94 Mercury Grand Marquis aka Babyblue RIP
    [*]83 Chrysler New Yorker 5th Ave 318 V8

Comment

I just called and they said they have the new parts for it. I'm taking it over there at 2:30 and the service rep. said that it usually takes 35-40 mins. We'll see how this goes.
      1998 Crown Victoria P71: Former National Institiute of Health vehicle
      1974 VW Beetle

Comment

I just called and they said they have the new parts for it. I'm taking it over there at 2:30 and the service rep. said that it usually takes 35-40 mins. We'll see how this goes.
        If it takes them that long to do that, I wouldn't want them working on my car. lmao, but then again I don't trust many with mine. When they did the work I watched them the entire time.

Comment

Ford made an appointment to have it replaced at the end of February, we took the car back and they fixed it. THe cruise control works fine.

Comment

I'm back from the dealer and everything went just fine. The hardest part of it all was seeing the guy pull away in the car (I don't like other people being around my car unless I'm within 3 or 4 feet ). All they did was throw a fuse in the line somewhere. everything still works like it should.
            1974 VW Beetle

Comment

good to hear maybe i'll bring mine in

Comment

It was only a half hour from the time I handed over the keys to the time I left the parking lot. Totally painless. Go for it.
                1974 VW Beetle

Comment

I'm back from the dealer and everything went just fine. The hardest part of it all was seeing the guy pull away in the car (I don't like other people being around my car unless I'm within 3 or 4 feet ). All they did was throw a fuse in the line somewhere. everything still works like it should.
                  I pulled my into their work area, I didn't let anyone drive babyblue, and I watched them the entire time. I let my ex drive her once, bout put her in a ditch, let another girl drive her and she nipped a telephone pole and parked her in a ditch. There is only 3 of my boys I trust with her

Comment

I don't think they would have let me into the garage with it or I would have practically held their hands the whole time. They seemed like nice enough people.
                    1974 VW Beetle

Comment

Advantages of a small town. The dealership I took my car to offered me a Crown Vic for 500 for parts. It had a blown water pump and some other stuff. but the only thing I could've really used was the passenger door and I can get that at a scrap yard for $25

Comment

Working...
                      X