Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:confused:

What does that acronym stand for?
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post

And what does this mod do? Like what difference will I notice?

Comment

It's really a bunch of pissed of hippie water foul trying to prove who's faster..

Originally posted by Bob View Post
        And what does this mod do? Like what difference will I notice?

Ok in a small nut shell , The time is takes the 4R70W to change gears is designed for comfort and old people...

During the shift the clutch plates are barely slipping as they meet together... In trans world this takes forever, and is harmful to the clutches.

To remove the period of slip, You remove the lower accumulator piston springs, These control clutch feed during the up shift. With out a spring to slow the process down, The accumulator piston bore fills with WAY less effort, Dropping the piston down and sending fluid to the next solenoid and changing gears.

The Valve body is as you can see above a flat "Gasket" so to speak. Those holes are where fluid runs from the transmission to the valve body. The valve body runs the whole show !

We as per directions from Jerry W ( Who designed the 4R70W ) we enlarge the holes in that plate, This allows for faster fluid transfer.

Hydraulically speaking... The transmission breathes easier.

The other result is during this you have to completely remove the valve body itself ( 14 bolts for the pan and 27 (?) for the valve body ) and while it's out you have to clean it up. All this allows you to really see the health of your transmission, Clean out the extremely small channels,crevices and of course a very small screen in the VB too.

Ok ok.. Time for fun shit...

Those spring I told you about in there, Everyone per directions removes the lower 2-3 , Most remove the 1-2. Not replacing this with a softer compression rate Mustang spring will allow you to Bark 1-2 and chirp 2-3 . This is a lot easier on your NPI engine because you have more lower end torque than my PI engine .

Non Performance Improved
        Performance Improved

Comment

Originally posted by AKA_Rizzo View Post
          It's really a bunch of pissed off hippie water fowl trying to prove who's faster..
          Ah, I see ....

The short answer would be, it's a place where guys with money to burn buy performance parts for their phantzy OHC cars. http://www.adtr.net/

Comment

OK OK STOP THE TORTURE... I'LL TELL YOU !

Angry Duck Tofu Racing.

Comment

Originally posted by AKA_Rizzo View Post
              It's really a bunch of pissed of hippie water foul trying to prove who's faster..

Ok in a small nut shell , The time is takes the 4R70W to change gears is designed for comfort and old people...

During the shift the clutch plates are barely slipping as they meet together... In trans world this takes forever, and is harmful to the clutches.

To remove the period of slip, You remove the lower accumulator piston springs, These control clutch feed during the up shift. With out a spring to slow the process down, The accumulator piston bore fills with WAY less effort, Dropping the piston down and sending fluid to the next solenoid and changing gears.

The Valve body is as you can see above a flat "Gasket" so to speak. Those holes are where fluid runs from the transmission to the valve body. The valve body runs the whole show !

We as per directions from Jerry W ( Who designed the 4R70W ) we enlarge the holes in that plate, This allows for faster fluid transfer.

Hydraulically speaking... The transmission breathes easier.

The other result is during this you have to completely remove the valve body itself ( 14 bolts for the pan and 27 (?) for the valve body ) and while it's out you have to clean it up. All this allows you to really see the health of your transmission, Clean out the extremely small channels,crevices and of course a very small screen in the VB too.

Ok ok.. Time for fun shit...

Those spring I told you about in there, Everyone per directions removes the lower 2-3 , Most remove the 1-2. Not replacing this with a softer compression rate Mustang spring will allow you to Bark 1-2 and chirp 2-3 . This is a lot easier on your NPI engine because you have more lower end torque than my PI engine .

Non Performance Improved
              Performance Improved

Am I going to be barking tires all the time though? I don't want that happening. LOL and will the shifts be really hard? I don't want that either.

Thanks!

Comment

<--- jealous of garages where the floor is flat
                <---- Jealous of anyone who can fit a GM in their garage
                Nothing makes me smile more than a cougar in my Panther

Kristal - 2005 Grand Marquis GS

Killin' zombies and grillin' veggie burgers, it's kinda my thing you know? - Bozowolf

Comment

What is a panther? Besides a big cat.
                  There was possibly another Panther-based auto, but it didn't make it to market:

http://www.carstyling.ru/resources/c...Vignale_04.jpg

http://www.carstyling.ru/resources/c...nterior_01.jpg

To the OP, what is your year/make of Panther? What do you want it to become?

To the others, I am sorry you do not have a flat garage floor. Once mine is done, you're welcome to use it.

And, what is the inspiration for "Angry Duck Tofu Racing"? Do they have a company logo? I am imagining Chinese print on a Panther, and it doesn't seem quite right.
                  Last edited by torquelover; 09-30-2009, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Am I going to be barking tires all the time though? I don't want that happening. LOL and will the shifts be really hard? I don't want that either.

Thanks!
                    No , Only at WOT. And you still have the option of doing it and using Mustang springs.

But I have never heard one complaint out of the "No springs" guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Bozowolf View Post
                      <---- Jealous of anyone who can fit a GM in their garage
                      Jealous of anyone who has a garage, or decent flat area to work on or in
                      sigpic[LIST][*]99 Crown Vic Police Interceptor aka The Cruiser
                      [*]87 Chevy 20 Van 350TBI
                      [*]94 Mercury Grand Marquis aka Babyblue RIP
                      [*]83 Chrysler New Yorker 5th Ave 318 V8

Comment

i havent had much chance to get into the aeros and whales yet......boxes are where its at

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by torquelover View Post
                          To the others, I am sorry you do not have a flat garage floor. Once mine is done, you're welcome to use it.
                          Oooooohhhh... :banana:

Now if only I lived closer ....

Comment

Working...
                          X