No announcement yet.

Just bought a 94' Marquis LS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it's running like crap cold you want to check the EGR supply tube. (Runs from the passenger side exhaust manifold to the EGR) The ribbed tube can crack and that will lead to extremely poor cold performance. My '93 Marquis would buck and even back-fire when cold, new EGR supply tube fixed it.

As for the 332 code (Low EGR flow detected), that's clogged EGR passages between the upper & lower intake. If your only getting the 332 and O2 codes, clean the passages and you'll be good to go. If your getting the 332 and DPFE/PFE out of range codes, clean the passages and replace the sensor. Also, check the PCV valve supply line that runs between the heads at the back of the engine. The original design is prone to cracking which will also lead to power cold weather performance.

Ray
    Car: 2004 Mercury Marauder
    Engine/Tranny: 49k miles and bone stock....for now

Comment

I cleaned the MAF and thew some TB cleaner spray down the TB while I was at it and it seems to have fixed the problem of it chugging/back-firing when cold. I only got to try it once tho, now the starter cable or starter is fried lol.

Comment

Working...
      X