No announcement yet.

Intake Failure Pictures???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The recall only applied to vehicles under seven years old, and as I recall they stopped using the plastic coolant passage after 2001, I think. Someone else who's more informed than me on this here newfangled stuff can either confirm or deny that.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Originally posted by DriverSideImpact98 View Post
      You lucky fuckers! I just replaced mine last week... Kind of a P.I.T.A haha

Is there an actual recall on the intake? And if so, arent dealerships supposed to fix recalls before you sell a used vehicle?
      The intakes were replaced free of charge for Police vehicles. Probably the same for cars that are under warranty.
      '79 Continental Town Car
      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Not all of them, apparently. Or else the department that owned the one I'm driving didn't take advantage of it, because it still had the original intake on it when I bought it.

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

There is a little info with this DIY guide about what was done about the problem, and who could collect from it. I don't know if it's really the same as a recall from the sounds of it, just you might get some cash or a repair refund if you have the problem within a set amount of time. Some warranties were extended too. I read over this a few nights ago before I realized my car had been fixed already, and it looks like a good guide if you need to do the repair.

Step-by-step guide to removing/replacing a failed intake manifold on 1996-2000 model Ford/Lincoln/Mercury cars equipped with the 4.6L SOHC V8 engine
          1997 Mercury Grand Marquis LS

Comment

Originally posted by CrownMarquis75 View Post
            There is a little info with this DIY guide about what was done about the problem, and who could collect from it. I don't know if it's really the same as a recall from the sounds of it, just you might get some cash or a repair refund if you have the problem within a set amount of time. Some warranties were extended too. I read over this a few nights ago before I realized my car had been fixed already, and it looks like a good guide if you need to do the repair.

http://www.autoclinix.com/Manifold.htm
            Yeah it was a good site. I knew that the they covered it under warranty. But I was just wondering if recalls (in general) were supposed to be taken care of by dealerships before they sold a car.
            1998 Mercury Grand Marquis 131k~ true duals, 2nd cat removed, H-pipe, Xcelerator Turbo mufflers, PI Manifold, 180* Tstat, K&N drop-in.
            1985 VW Vanagon 70k~

Comment

Get ready to pee on yourself

Comment

I can't listen to that song anymore without picturing the hands.

Comment

Great... NOW I know why my cougar is pissing coolant from the water neck area... I thought it might be a $2 gasket, not a $200 intake change... fack!

2007 F-150 Supercab XLT 4x4
                  1997 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

I must have a good one on my 94 as It is all aluminum.

Tim
                    2000 Ford Crown Victoria
                    84 Lincoln Town car signature, R.I.P
                    85 Ford LTD Crown Victoria 2 door performance project
                    89 Lincoln town car: RIP
                    89 Crown Victoria LX 2002 USACi sound quality world champion RIP
                    1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
                    1994 Mercury Grand Marquis (sold)
                    2004 Mercury Marauder. owned for a week then got screwed by the dealer

Comment

The plastic crap didn't start until '96.

2007 F-150 Supercab XLT 4x4
                      1997 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

Working...
                      X