• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by embharris
    They sell this stuff at autozone?
    Nope.
    -Michael

Comment

embharris,

Go to Auto-Rx.com to order this product it works I have used it good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Baines View Post
        I have used Auto-Rx for the past 4 years first in a 1992 Grand Marquis it had a rear main seal leak with over 100,000 miles I used 2 applactions the seal stopped leaking in about 2,000 miles and still dont leak.

Paid posters for Auto Rx [Re: Gary Allan]

c3po

Loc: Maryland

Loc: Maryland C3PO
        Level 1 - 1 to 50 posts
        Posted Sun January 03 2010 04:55 PM Hide Post
        quote:
        Originally posted by Frank Miller:
        The posts are from users be careful of your sentences in your post.You were a paid poster for Auto-Rx and now over some point of anger over a issue of your making you post against Auto-Rx . Credibility is one of the most important product features. You wrong in everything you post (except your name )leave Auto-Rx out of your desire to make friends at any cost.

I know Daryl Baines very well since I was with auto-rx for 2 years, he is a moderator on the auto-rx forum and he never has used the product. He just goes to different message boards and tries to drum up business for auto-rx, as you can see, I was once a PAID POSTER FOR AUTO-RX, but I left when I saw that the product was not really working, the thread where Frank Miller, the owner of auto-rx admitted that I was a Paid poster was on the Noria Forum, it was deleted but I was able to copy the whole thread before it was deleted. I will answer any questions you have about Daryl or auto-rx, but there are many great threads on BITOG about auto-rx and the easiest thing to do is GOOGLE these threads.

1. Paid Posters For Auto-Rx
        2. ARX & Aluminum Engines
        3. Question on Auto-Rx is it working?
        4. I used auto-rx for 1500 miles
        5. Auto Rx questions
        6. 3 ARX cycles, didn't do much, bummer...
        7. Auto-Rx results-Part Three- AFTER PICS
        8. Sneak -Peek @ Auto-Rx cleaning after 1400 mi

Comment

holy zombie thread batman! [/obligatory]

on subject... I know a guy who personally used it on his 250K mile T100 down in Houston and posted pics of cut up oil filters compared with the oil change before treatment. I know the stuff works and I'm not a paid poster. Now, I know his engine didn't leak before and wouldn't think removing sludge would cause seals to seal up again (it's counter-intuitive), but I can see removing the sludge keeping the oil from leaking out the PCV as much (this mimics a rear main leak on the old 302).

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

TOPIC: Passat Test Case

suineg

Date: 02:43 PM Feb 11, 2009

Passat Test Case

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was given a 2002 Passat 4 banger for a debt. I read up on the sludge problem, and using a flashlight did a quick look through the oil cap. Bad news.

Took it for it's first long drive and after about a half hour, you guessed it, the STOP ENGINE light sounded. I pulled over, let it rest 2 minutes, and all was fine again.

Started your first round (cleaning phase) of your product 400 miles ago with fresh Dino. No problems in town, but alarm has sounded twice on long drives - and then...

Yesterday drove for hour and a half. Nothing. Cool as a cucumber. Ramped it up to 85 for a while. Nothing.

I don't want to get my hopes up, but this is looking VERY good. I've not read a single bad review of this stuff, and have my fingers crossed. While I'm not tearing the engine apart (or even taking off the valve cover) unless I have to, I will report back along the way. Thanks for the great forum, and (so far) amazing product!

dbdeland

Date: 02:47 PM Feb 11, 2009

suineg,

Thank you for purchasing ARX it is a great product with no solvents and becomming a new member. Just follow the instructions for sludge and check your filter often.

Daryl Baines
            Administrator

Richone

Date: 05:32 PM Feb 11, 2009

I would think it be prudent to follow the heavy sludge application on this unit with a sludging history. Run your cleaning dose for only 1250 miles. Dump oil and change filter. Then run a relatively short rinse cycle, approx. 1500 miles and dump the oil again.

Repeat the process again.

suineg

Date: 06:50 PM Feb 11, 2009

I'm doing the sludge application, absolutely. It's funny, I've seen posts on the net complaining about the price of Auto-Rx, and/or the cost of oil changes and filters - seems to me like a SMALL price if I can avoid shop costs.

BTW, another day, no warning lights...

-- Edited by suineg at 18:50, 2009-02-11

TurboJim

Date: 11:34 AM Feb 12, 2009

I would suggest you service the PCV system because it's most likely clogged and contributing to your sludge issues. Once you've finished with the ARX sludge application I'd suggest you stick with a VW approved oil and not run over 5,000 miles between oil changes. For added protection use 3-4 oz. of ARX at each oil change.

suineg

Date: 12:36 PM Feb 12, 2009

Thanks for the suggestion about the PCV valve, but I have a question: I THINK I've seen mixed advice about this, should I wait till the rinse phase is over (or even the second rinse phase if I do the process twice) or should I change it now? If I change it now would I have to change it again (fairly expensive on the Passat, but doable) when the process is done? Any input is welcomed

TurboJim

Date: 12:12 PM Feb 13, 2009

You can service the PCV system at any time, I would think the sooner the better. My hunch is that you would only need to change it once while you're doing your ARX routine. Each vehicle operates under different conditions but it would be a good idea to clean or replace the PCV components every 50,000 miles.

Just to give you one example why it's important to change the PCV valve:

On a '96 Civic that had an oil consumption issue I did a ARX treatment but wasn't able to notice any improvement. The oil consumption rate at this time was a quart every 1,700 miles. I decided to do a second ARX treatment, along with it I changed the PCV valve. I believe this might have been the first time it had ever been replaced. After the 2nd ARX treatment oil consumption dropped to a quart every 3,000 - 3,300 miles.

brent olsen

Guru

Date: 01:58 PM Feb 13, 2009

You will get your best results with a properly functioning PCV Valve, if the PCV Valve is clogged up those harmful vapors can hurt your engine, those vapors have acids in them. A clogged PCV Valve can also lead to oil leaks since the pressure has to go somewhere, that somewhere is usually going to cause oil to leak out of the seals.

suineg

Date: 08:33 PM Mar 2, 2009

UPDATE

50 miles into the rinse phase after a 1250 cleaning phase - going to do a 1250 rinse and then repeat the whole process, unless anyone here disagrees...

All has been pretty quiet on the STOP ENGINE front, except when I go uphill for extended periods - I live in Southern Oregon, and hit the Siskiyou Pass the other day: STOP ENGINE came on twice, but fine coming back down.

So - 2 questions:

Does anyone know if there's a particular reason the STOP ENGINE warning might only come on uphill? Is the turbo working especially hard then? Is the oil pooling at the back of the pan?

Also, peering into the oil fill, it doesn't look like much change in appearance - is most of the change in the rinse period?

Any input is GREATLY appreciated!

Gene

Frank Miller

Guru

Date: 10:33 AM Mar 3, 2009

Your comment about pooling might be correct as Auto-Rx is still cleaning and oil drain holes could be partially blocked. So going uphill this engine less lubrication. You won't see any change until rinse mode is finished.

Drive this engine hard and at a medium to medium high temperature for the rest of your cleaning cycle. Let us know results.

-- Edited by Frank Miller at 10:34, 2009-03-03

TurboJim

Date: 12:01 PM Mar 3, 2009

Just a word of caution: Never drive an engine with a turbo hard and then just turn the engine off. Always allow the turbo to cool down for a few minutes under those conditions.

Richone

Date: 03:30 PM Mar 3, 2009

It is going to take a couple cleaning and rinses before you will see definitive results to the eye looking down the oil fill hole in the valve cover.

I would think that after running a couple short cleaning and rinses, you should go for the regular application of 2500 mile clean and 3000 mile rinse.

I think the previous owner owed some debt to the Passat as well, ala skimpy maintenance.

suineg

Date: 04:10 PM Mar 3, 2009

Wow - thanks to all on this, a great bunch of guys with a lot of sound advice.

Frank Miller

Guru

Date: 09:07 AM Mar 4, 2009

You just described the professional answers and concern on this board . Some boards have been hijacked by former used tire buyers most of the advice is suspect at best.

suineg

Date: 09:43 PM May 4, 2009

So - an update. Typical Passat I guess. No problems for weeks, had just started the 2nd cleaning phase, things seemed too good to be true. Took a 200 mile drive, and about 100 in, OIL LIGHTS, STOP ENGINE ETC. - I was in the mountains and literally couldn't stop for about 2 miles, BAM, loud noises and no power, pulled off, and called it a day. Got it home, shop ran the codes and said timing chain was out, tensioner was toast, probably more, they're tearing into it tomorrow. $$$$$$$$$$

Just wanna say however, I still believe in your product, and will use it as time goes on (assuming this thing is not fatal). Thanks for all the input guys!

Gene

Mike02A4

Date: 11:47 AM May 5, 2009

Sounds like the timing belt broke or the tensioner. The 1.8t engine is an interference engine so when the belt breaks, valves hit pistons and the head will have to be replaced or fixed.

How many miles on the car? The timing belt servive should be done around 70-80k miles and that includes the belt, water pump and tensioners/rollers.

With the clean phase go 2,500 miles but change the filter at the 1/2 way point.

Frank Miller

Guru

Date: 12:09 PM May 5, 2009

Sorry about your problem however Auto-Rx can't fix mechanical problems or cause them. Changing the timing belt is cheap insurance.

Page 1 of 1 sorted by Oldest FirstNewest First

Instead of auto-rx helping the OP's engine, it actually did more harm!

Comment

that's also a VW engine... that proper maintenance was NOT done (timing belt) and the owner did not check that it had been done. Claiming auto-rx at fault is idiotic.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

c3po, your post looks pretty similar to a CVN post back on 06/26/13 as dnewton3 which ended up being an anti-Auto-Rx spam account... Link, about halfway down the page.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by slack View Post
                  c3po, your post looks pretty similar to a CVN post back on 06/26/13 as dnewton3 which ended up being an anti-Auto-Rx spam account... Link, about halfway down the page.
                  There are a lot of people who are upset with auto-rx, I just want to let you know that this product is snake oil and the product will do nothing for your engine, the only thing it will clean out is your wallet. I was once an auto-rx believer, I have seen so many people who have not gotten any results and then treated terribly by the owner of auto-rx. The problem here is that since December 1999 we have had 1140 people use this product. Most of them got no results, many of them did not stand up and let everyone else know that the product was worthless. The people who were complaining were mostly the ones who did not use the product, but now people are standing up like myself.

I don't remember seeing that thread that you LINKED, realize that the owner of auto-rx has upset many customers since 1999, there is a reason that auto-rx got let go as a sponsor 5 years ago in January of 2009, they were treating there customers real bad when they complained that they did not see results.

Comment

I was thinking of trying some of this stuff on my 85 when I was having blowby problems. But I am not keeping the engine and didn't care too much. Call me an idiot, but I gave it a couple cranks with kerosene in it and it removed clumps of gunk and fixed my problems. I don't recommend it though. Probably bad on seals and stuff.
                    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - Currently restoring after she caught fire! CFI to SEFI to Carb swap, all custom wiring, Duraspark 2 ignition, Motorcraft 2100 Carb, slicktop, Shorty headers dumped before rear axle, 140 Speedo, 3G alt, And currently building an engine for her.

2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series - 165XXX, PI intake swap , 30 MPG Easy on the Highway, All options except dual exhaust. Currently looking for 2 front seats: Heated, Memory, and Light Graphite color!!

Comment

Just my opinion, but most of these "pour-in products" are snake oil. My uncle use to swear by STP. He always installed it when he was going on a 25 to 50 mile drive and always changed his oil himself with a hot engine. He probably could have just switched his worn engine to a good grade 30W HD oil and accomplished the same thing. Having said this, I have been known to waste plenty of cash trying new "detailing" chemicals and blends for paint and upholstery cleaning.

Comment

Change your oil/filter, regularly and "call it a day". That "back and forth shit" of constantly changing the oil with Auto RX is a pain in the ass for me so not interested!!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

When I had my mechanic do the timing chain, gears, & water pump this past fall, he said my engine had really bad sludge in the bottom end. He said he vacuumed out as much as he could, and I ordered Auto RX to try to fix it.

I haven't gone the 1000 miles yet to do the first filter change, but I will be having the filters cut open or doing so myself to see what's what. I will also be posting pics as well. I may eventually change heads or intake or at least have some chrome valve cover gaskets put on if I find some cheap on Craigslist. Then we can get some pictures of the top end and see how well the Auto RX truly works.

If it doesn't do a damn thing, I'll shout it from the rooftops, but if it does help clean up my thickly sludgy engine then we'll know it works.

I plan on swapping a 408w in to my car when I have the funds (or something else if a good deal comes up on a built motor with documentation on CL). If the desludging works on this mustang motor, it'll probably be swapped over into my 195k mi '90 TC.

Sent from my XT557 using Tapatalk 2
                          Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

I've also had good luck with Seafoam. It's really the only pour in cleaning product I would ever buy again. Plus you can use it for top end and fuel cleaning as well.
                            1985 LTD Crown Victoria - Currently restoring after she caught fire! CFI to SEFI to Carb swap, all custom wiring, Duraspark 2 ignition, Motorcraft 2100 Carb, slicktop, Shorty headers dumped before rear axle, 140 Speedo, 3G alt, And currently building an engine for her.

2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series - 165XXX, PI intake swap , 30 MPG Easy on the Highway, All options except dual exhaust. Currently looking for 2 front seats: Heated, Memory, and Light Graphite color!!

Comment

Originally posted by miamibob View Post
                              Change your oil/filter, regularly and "call it a day". That "back and forth shit" of constantly changing the oil with Auto RX is a pain in the ass for me so not interested!!
                              anything used to de-sludge the engine will require more frequent oil changes during the process. And as for regular oil changes and done... ask Scott about the oil pan from my 93 and how epically sludged up that was. Regular oil/filter changes every 3K miles and the sludge was so thick, the pickup tube was almost clogged.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                                anything used to de-sludge the engine will require more frequent oil changes during the process. And as for regular oil changes and done... ask Scott about the oil pan from my 93 and how epically sludged up that was. Regular oil/filter changes every 3K miles and the sludge was so thick, the pickup tube was almost clogged.
                                Wonder what caused that? Regular breakdown of the oil???

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X