No announcement yet.

Car just quit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ah. Surprised they don't just unplug from the pump hanger itself. Pretty sure they used to.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
      ah. Surprised they don't just unplug from the pump hanger itself. Pretty sure they used to.
      On my 91 MGM they do unplug from the pump hanger, that does seem weird that the newer models don't unplug at the hanger.
      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

And Im by no means a mechanic. Shade tree at best. Based on what I read and what I could see, that was the answer. What I did find odd was that where the wires go in the top of the bracket/fuel pump, that I could not figure out how to get them out. I would have liked to taken the unit completely out from under the car to work on the bench. I ended up assembling it while it dangled. There has to be a way, but I figured the less that I took apart, the less that could go wrong. With it mounting from the front of the tank, I didn't want any extra chances of it leaking.
        sigpic 1989 Lincoln Towncar, All Stock.....Today

Comment

Working...
        X