No announcement yet.

Heater Core Hose Intake Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks like you have to tilt your head to the left to see it in the proper orientation. I agree that the thermostat housing/plastic interface does not look right. It kinda looks like someone hit the bottom of the housing with a hammer and broke a piece off.

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
    mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

+1 that's not right.

looks like you're gonna have to take the intake off... and at least take the crossover off and fill the gap with gasket maker if not replace the intake. Major suckage.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

sorry..is this better?

Click image for larger version

Name:	manifold_2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	1277151

I have cleaned it off....but this is where the evidence from coolant leak lead me
        In theory, there is no difference between practice and theory, In practice there is.....

My Rides:

01 F-150
        02 MGM

My Project:
        55 Packard

Comment

In a situation like this, it might only leak when the engine is hot and the coolant is under pressure. Also, since the thermostat is periodically opening and closing, it might only happen when the thermostat opens. Clean that area off good when the engine is cold and then see if you can see anything when the engine is hot and running. If there's no obvious leak there, a possible approach might be to put a rag around that area while driving and see if it gets wet, but this might create a fire hazard or some other issue.

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
          mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

Working...
          X