Engine swapage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah. I was off about the plugs...

but the 4v swap just seems like too much hassle if you ask me. Then again, I have a P motor and a T5...
    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
    1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
    1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

yep the plugs are on top. 2 bolts and the cover comes off to expose em indirectly.

2005 Legacy GT *13.5 @ 96MPH*
      2003 Mercury Marauder *Totaled*

Comment

So if I could find a donor Continental engine, without forced induction, would a swap be worth it in a 96+ car? I even looked up hp/torque specs along with fuel economy, and the Conti engine produces more hp/torque than a Vic engine does and gets the same fuel economy. I want to find a 96+ Vic, so would this swap really be worth it without forced induction?
        88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
        Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

make shure you snag the computer if go thru with it

Comment

Your going to need a lot of extra parts if you go with the Continental motor. Being used in a FWD application the timing cover is completely different. (All of the accesories bolt on one side of the engine) Wiring, plumbing, etc...are all going to have to be worked out. I'm not even sure the blocks are the same. (Motor mount locations, etc....but I don't know this for a fact)

As for HP and MPG, the Continental is rated using Premium fuel. (thank you knock sensor) If you run lower octane your not going to see the same numbers.

I had a '95 Continental for awhile. It was a fun car. Nice pep and lots of toys! Just expensive to work on.

Ray
            Car: 2004 Mercury Marauder
            Engine/Tranny: 49k miles and bone stock....for now

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic
              So if I could find a donor Continental engine, without forced induction, would a swap be worth it in a 96+ car? I even looked up hp/torque specs along with fuel economy, and the Conti engine produces more hp/torque than a Vic engine does and gets the same fuel economy. I want to find a 96+ Vic, so would this swap really be worth it without forced induction?
              Part of the fuel ecomomy comes from the lesser drivetrain loss of the FWD setup, and the conti is prolly a tad lighter.
              Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

But cooler to drive! Long live RWD!

Comment

the fwd conti block will not work with a rwd car...........and dont forget that the aod doesent fit the 4.6

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                  2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                  1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                  1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                  2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                  1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania
                    the fwd conti block will not work with a rwd car...........and dont forget that the aod doesent fit the 4.6
                    I thought the AOD did fit the '92 4.6 for like 1/2 a year, though. But obviously not a Continental block. You could always do a 2V-4V headswap.....lol
                    Last edited by mercenvy; 08-22-2006, 02:35 PM.
                    My car is a Shelby SVT Cobra GT Boss Grand Marquis Type R

Comment

Yeah, it would be too much work. I'll just mod the motor in whatever car I buy next. I'd like a 98 Vic, but I don't think I can afford one. I'll probably get a 96. Post 800 for me!
                      Last edited by 88Vic; 08-23-2006, 10:04 PM.
                      88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                      Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Working...
                      X