Holy Crap, Check Out This Monster...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 87vicFIVEO
    It’s definitely not a resource issue….other graphics intensive websites load instantly but car domain pages can take up to a half hour to load (simple stuff like 750kb jpegs and shit) something strange is going on here. I’m sure most people using Car Domain are running a “WinDoze” rig just like mine, although I must admit I don’t have any issues loading CD pages with my OSX rig…even the G4 rig.<<<Linux Based
    I keep hearing great things about OS-X, but I haven't really used it yet to speak of. I've been thinking one of those $600 Intel-based Mac Minis would be a lot of fun if I didn't want the money for other things.

Come to think of it, GMN was loading pretty slowly for me last night ... don't know if that's a coincidence or not. Maybe I should take this over to the computer forum and try to find out.
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Go for it… the mac mini will run OS 10.4 tiger perfectly…600 bucks is a good deal Apple writes the OS to a known set of hardware and that creates unmatched stability. My OSX rig has been running without a restart for months.
      1987 LTD CROWN VICTORIA, 5.0 EFI, MAGNAFLOW DUAL EXH, RED LANDAU
      FRESH AOD, 3.27 OPEN DIFF, 57K MILES, B&M SHIFT KIT AND R134A A/C

Comment

Wow mang

What kind of turbo is that? A/R sizes ect.... where did ya get it from?

Looks like your running an air/water intercooler, judging by the tank in the trunk.

Did u use stock manifolds for you hot side? You did an awesome job routing that.

What are u using for engine managment and injector sizes? What all did u have to change ect....

That car is awesome mang... Did u fab that whole setup yourself? If you did thats sweet.

I wanted to do a TT setup on my car but I might not keep working on the car cause of rust.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
        My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

Originally posted by Mercmarquis View Post
          Wow mang

What kind of turbo is that? A/R sizes ect.... where did ya get it from?

Looks like your running an air/water intercooler, judging by the tank in the trunk.

Did u use stock manifolds for you hot side? You did an awesome job routing that.

What are u using for engine managment and injector sizes? What all did u have to change ect....

That car is awesome mang... Did u fab that whole setup yourself? If you did thats sweet.

I wanted to do a TT setup on my car but I might not keep working on the car cause of rust.
          Turbo is a precisionGTS76mm/.81 i got it from Precision

Yes about the Water/Air

I used BBK shorty's (spent to much money not to use them lol)
          engine management SCT for now/ injectors are 60lbs

i had to upgrade and change a ton of things for the supercharger, so i did not need to change that much to go Turbo.

To go turbo i just had to change the fuel system for the power i am tuning it for, engine management, TC needed to be changed to a higher stall(3000 to 3800), and put my factor 3.55 back in from the 4.10s.

Yes, with the help of my brothers.

it is not that hard to build it is just a mother F-er to pick the right set up.

Comment

I'm surprised you went with a higher stall with a turbo. I would think that a lower stall that loads the turbo would make more power.
            Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd View Post
              I'm surprised you went with a higher stall with a turbo. I would think that a lower stall that loads the turbo would make more power.
              Isn't the issue of spooling up a big turbo one of the biggest issues in running one with an automatic? Maybe the higher stall helps reduce the effects of lag?

Comment

Most likely...BUT, with an auto, you can load the turbo and have it spooling...I guess if it's that big of a turbo you'd need a really high stall.

Comment

with the 3000stall and foot brake i could not get the boost i was looking for. Now w/3800 and foot brake she is insane off the line.

Comment

I bet :3gears:

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
                    My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

Originally posted by EGO KILLER View Post
                      with the 3000stall and foot brake i could not get the boost i was looking for. Now w/3800 and foot brake she is insane off the line.
                      Just curious ... since it's a pretty serious car anyway, why didn't you elect to install a trans brake?

Comment

it is installed:heyhey:

Comment

Sweet.

Amazing what these panthers are capable of...with the right amount of money

Comment

Working...
                          X