P1506

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P1506

So although I'm happy the hesitation problem is solved, I keep getting a p1506 "valve duty higher than expected". I have a broken cat, could that​ set the p1506 code, possibly throwing off the air/fuel ratio or is it something else? Thank you.

That code is for an engine that idles too high. Have you checked the Idle Control Valve, it's connector and the wiring that leads to it? Is that the only error code it set? Usually, with this code there are others as well.
    What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
    What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Also, check for vacuum leaks.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
        Also, check for vacuum leaks.
        ALWAYS a good idea!
        What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
        What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Remembered another one... make sure you didn't suck up some shopping bag or massive trash into the air box and clog the air filter.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
          X