No announcement yet.

Time for a new engine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

01 out of a panther, throttle linkages will need a little work but all in all it should work fine. Keep you engine to swap any accesories cause p/s and stuff is a little different.
    Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Or just PI swap the block you got
      R.I.P Linsey Nelson

'04 M75-"Chocolate Rain" - mid 13 beast
      Originally posted by MeanVic84
      Chocolate Rain. Some stay dry and others feel the pain.

Comment

I looked into that, but with the money for heads, intake, timing chain shit, you'll have as much, if not more wrapped up into it than if you found a 13k engine from a wrecked panther.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
          I'd like to put an Interceptor engine, if it is possible, into my 1993 TC.
          You do realise that the Police Interceptor uses the EXACT same engine as all the other Panther chassis', right? The only differences are minor accessories...like having a bigger alternator, an oil cooler, slightly raised idle speed...etc.
          '03 Marauder "The Blackbird"
          - Trilogy Motorsports supercharged w/too many mods to list

...and another mildly-modded one for my DD

Comment

Originally posted by rf overlord View Post
            You do realise that the Police Interceptor uses the EXACT same engine as all the other Panther chassis', right? .

Nuh Uh... They are rated at higher horsepower. Must be the cop heads and cop cams..... That when combined with the Cop Chip makes crazy horsepower gains...... Don't get caught putting that in a non Cop Car.......

Comment

What's the difference between the 4.6L with PI intake and heads and all that, and the 4.6L in Stangs?
              88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
              Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
                What's the difference between the 4.6L with PI intake and heads and all that, and the 4.6L in Stangs?

The heads/intake/blocks/ etc are all the same....

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer View Post
                  Nuh Uh... They are rated at higher horsepower. Must be the cop heads and cop cams..... That when combined with the Cop Chip makes crazy horsepower gains...... Don't get caught putting that in a non Cop Car.......

I promise - I won't get caught.
                  Back in the saddle again!

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in Unimaginative Bureaucratic Brown
                  Bone stock... for now.

Comment

I promise - I won't get caught.
                    You'll get caught for sure.... they have a GPS tracking device built in. Don't do it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer View Post
                      The heads/intake/blocks/ etc are all the same....
                      Then why are the Stang's power rating higher then an Panther?

Comment

Exhaust and fuel/spark calibration for sure. Someone else can chme in about the throttle body, MAF sensors, etc. Cams may be different. I haven't had a chance to look it up.

Comment

Well don't I feel retarded, I forgot all about that.

Comment

Are you yankin' my chain Merc? I had a retired cop car, and it was a P71. Are you saying that they had to put a different computer in it? What about the ones sold to regular citizens that are PI cars?
                            Back in the saddle again!

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in Unimaginative Bureaucratic Brown
                            Bone stock... for now.

Comment

A p71 has different spark curve and no speed limiter, I think thats about it, oh, and higher shift points too IIRC.

Comment

Are you yankin' my chain Merc? I had a retired cop car, and it was a P71. Are you saying that they had to put a different computer in it? What about the ones sold to regular citizens that are PI cars?
                                Your sarcasm meter must be broken dude.... Sorry mang... I was messing around because someone with a small handfull of posts was trying to set everyone straight by stating the obvious...

Comment

Working...
                                X