No announcement yet.

what numbers do you predict????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stay away from that typhoon intake, it is junk.
    R.I.P Linsey Nelson

'04 M75-"Chocolate Rain" - mid 13 beast
    Originally posted by MeanVic84
    Chocolate Rain. Some stay dry and others feel the pain.

Comment

wow that thing sounds great!
      making me want to get a Aero/whale and do it. lol
      sigpic
      1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by Grandmarchris View Post
        Stay away from that typhoon intake, it is junk.
        Chinese junk! (not knocking on anyone that is Chinese, just the cheap manufacturing the chinese have)

HPS Hardballer intake is held king in my book.

Badazz ride mang, keep us posted!
        Do it with a 5spd!

Comment

Well, I did purchase and install a typhoon. Definately not the greatest quality. But ok non the less. I did have to drill and tap another hole in the coolant crossover for my 2nd temp sensor. First thing to note was that the intake DID NOT fit the newer 2006 that I have installed. There are 2 "bosses" cast into the stock block which hold a stock intake manifold insulator assembly around the lower intake. I had to use a grinder to clearance the bosses to mount the intake. The intake mounting flanges are thinner than the stock plastic manifold and thus you cannot use the stock mounting bolts. its ok as new stainless bolts were included but I did not like having the Allen head bolts. PITA.

Performance wise...... Nothing that I can notice was lost in the lower. I feel it is a little stronger in the midrange and I have not been able to really open up the throttle yet to test the upper range. even after the manifold was heatsoaked I still did not notice any loss in power. The whole sound of the car changed. Everything from the sound coming in the cone air filter all the way out the exhaust note. upon first startup it really added some more "lope" to the cams that I have. I still am running the stock exhaust manifolds and 2" exhaust. I have my 2004 gt manifolds ready to install and the x-pipe as well. But I don't want to install those until I know when I can get an appointment to have the rest of the exhaust fabricated. I was trying to hold out for the Texas Hardballer but the price I got this manifold at could not be beat. This manifold was also a precautionary measure since my next step is a 125 shot nitrous.
          1997 Grand Marquis w/ 126400
          TOO MANY MODS TO LIST WITH ONLY 5 LINES OF SPACE. VISIT MY SUPERMOTORS PAGE FOR MORE DETAILS

http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/15008

Comment

Awesome. Keep us posted on the updates too...
            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

If I were you I would have opened up the casting of that intake as well.
              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I agree. and I probably will eventually. But I really wanted to give the intake a chance right out of the box. Everyone always puts down the typhoon intake and people that haven't even used one put it down based on everyone elses words. Just like everyone says how a set of camshafts is such a HUGE mistake in our heavy cars. Well, there are a bunch of running stage 2 cams and we couldn't be happier with them. So yes, I will probably port it out maybe next year when I do my new trans install. Just wanted to try it "out of the box" first.
                TOO MANY MODS TO LIST WITH ONLY 5 LINES OF SPACE. VISIT MY SUPERMOTORS PAGE FOR MORE DETAILS

Comment

I got the 5.0 version of the typhoon. It should work out well.

Comment

I must say I give this manifold a thumbs up. I am really pleased with its mid and upper rpm pull. It sucks me into the seat and doesn't let me go!!!!! My overall opinion is that it was worth the cost and the work involved to install it. My only issue was that it did not have another boss cast into the coolant crossover for the 2nd temp sensor. But I did manage to get it in anyways.

Comment

Finally got some pictures uploaded today. Exhaust should be under way this week if the weather is nice. YEAH!!!!

Comment

I love this car...
                        **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                        **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                        **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                        **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Just a little update. I have spent the last 3 nights(hit and miss with rain) getting the exhaust in order. I installed a set of 2004 mustang GT Stock Exhaust Manifolds and a 2.5" BBK Offroad X-pipe. I was missing the passenger side manifold flange gasket otherwise I would have been done sooner. My appointment is first thing monday morning to have the remaining pipes custom bent and welded. I also purchased a set of magnafolw 3.5 inch stainless tips to finish off the setup. I had to cutout the lower bumper to make room for the tips. For now I am going open exhaust however, if it is too loud for my liking I will be getting a set of SLP Loudmouth IIs installed. Here are a few pics and a video.

the exhaust cutouts

AND THE VIDEO

Comment

Quite the lope to it. I like!

Comment

Working...
                            X