No announcement yet.

My vic is too slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unfortunately it wasnt the 350. mine was a 96 seville and at this point they only had the 350 still in the fleetwood. mine had the 4.6 northstar 300hp engine. was nice when it ran right (which was barely ever) honestly a hell of a lot of design flaws with that engine my biggest problem is their camshaft driven water pump setup. the head gasket went so its been sitting in my backyard since. Once i find a box panther the seville is off to the wrecking yard.

Comment

Ahh, not a fan of the northstars. Too many problems for my liking.
      Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Originally posted by p71towny View Post
        Ahh, not a fan of the northstars. Too many problems for my liking.

ditto.

Comment

what about swapping the gears? it'll atleast feel quicker off the line and around town
          1989 Grand Marquis GS

Comment

If you insist on having the CV then get used to being slow. Even "fast" CVs are outran by a very large number of common family cars and even trucks. If you just want to be a little more quick than stock that's one thing, but truely fast is just too expensive to be worth it.

Comment

Basic mods are Shorty headers, 2.25 cat back system, 3.73 rear gears, underdrive pulleys, throttle body/plenum and a tune.
              R.I.P Linsey Nelson

'04 M75-"Chocolate Rain" - mid 13 beast
              Originally posted by MeanVic84
              Chocolate Rain. Some stay dry and others feel the pain.

Comment

Well right now she is kinda fast. But I do want faster. I guess because of the cash restrains I'll just go for "a little faster than stock".

at least for now
                sigpic

Comment

i dunno what trans your car has but a shift kit would be another cheap upgrade

Comment

Zwack88 had an old interceptor that was nice... he had a few mods done, but said he liked the power in his waggin' with the 5.0L better than the interceptor. he said ride and power was different.
                    Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

My merc with the 5.0 was way slower than my vic. It had a lot less torque I mean hell it couldn't even power break at all. My vic can burn the tire completely off as is. Also the 0 - 60 is wayy faster than with my merc.

I raced one of the guys from work in my merc & he damn near beat me. when I raced him with my vic I beat him by about 3 car lengths !!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Whales are WAY faster than a box.
                        Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

yeah, boxes are pretty slow when stock. A bone stock aero feels like a sports car by comparison. Whales even more so. They're still not what I'd consider fast though.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Whales are much quicker than boxes, these other mangs have it right.

They're still slow, just a little quicker by comparison.

Comment

still alot easier to work on a 302 or 351 compared to the 4.6 imo.

Comment

My dad has a '99 P71 with 45K miles, bone stock 215 hp 4.6, and a 3.55 open. You can burn the tire until you feel like stopping. The throttle response is snappy and everything. It puts you back in the seat...

My '90 351 car, with everything I had done: 3.73s, 4 bbl, exhaust, etc, feels like a roach in comparison. But, even though mine feels slower, I can leave him from a stoplight. He spins, but he is never able to catch me... which is how it should be...

So, even though my box doesn't feel fast, I can still wipe out a NPI whale with 3.55s. Maybe hang with a PI whale with 3.27s (or maybe 3.55...).

But... the Ram will leave the red box with a low rpm clutch dump and some hard shifting...
                                **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                                **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                                **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                                **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Working...
                                X