No announcement yet.

Eliminate "Cats" On '95 GM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, my Dad's '93 had R-12 but since it was colder than the Artic in January I left it alone.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Even on the cars with 4 o2 sensors (which you '95 should have), the rear '02 sensors are between the first and 2nd cats, meaning they only actually monitor the first cats. If you follow the logic here, that means you can remove the rear cats on both sides, and the car won't know the difference. Its something I've been thinking of doing myself.
      -Steve

2006 Audi A6 S-Line FWD ~132k miles, stock.
      1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS HPP ~102k miles, slowly acquiring modifications.
      1997 Lincoln Town Car Cartier ~145k miles, Ported Plenum, Gutted Airbox, Mechanical Fan Delete, Contour E-fan Retrofit, Dual exhaust, Cats ran away, KYB Gas-A-Justs, P71 front sway bar, air ride reinstalled, Blinker Mod, Projector headlight retrofit, Caddy 4-note horn retrofit, Wood rim steering wheel, rustbelt diet plan..
      1996 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 117,485mi. R.I.P. 7/14/12

Comment

Guess it all depends, do you have to pass emissions in FL with a 1995 model year car? Where I live, 97 and older no longer has to pass emissions, so anything I own 97- gets the no cat treatment You probably wont notice much power difference unless your cats are blocked pretty bad. Of course, I wont be running cats on my '03 but between the tune and some appearance modification I'm going to try a couple creative things to pass . Not that I'd suggest you do that.
        2003 Crown Vic - Stainless Works Longtubes + 2.5" exhaust, 19" C/S Wheels, 70MM TB
        2004 Dodge Ram 2500, Yeah, It's got a Hemi
        2000 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab

Comment

No emissions test anymore in FL but for the present will leave it be.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Working...
          X