No announcement yet.

Catless H or X pipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:heyhey: !Hmmmm! who's that girl in your avatar? I have wishes to dance with her,ohhh wow she have to be in aerobics to do such flexible moves.incredible. :jawdrop:

ATT.SNIPER 308. :drummer: :rock:
    MERC75-INTERCEPTOR, BORN IN 2003,DIED IN SEP/21/2010 AT 9:55AM AT THE SORT AHE OF 8 YEARS PROTECTING HIS OWNER TO DIE

Comment

I like my H-pipe with gutted cats! I dont know much about an X-Pipe set-up ....except that it's alot more $ cause it's not a stock option!
      The 4.6 benefits much more from a catLESS set-up than the 5.0!
      Last edited by mercuryhead; 03-20-2006, 09:17 PM.

Comment

X-pipe would be a better option if you were flowing a LOT more air. As good as they are at scavenging the cylinders for exhaust fumes, I'd recommend an H-pipe over the X.
        2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
        1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
        1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

i would have to agree for the air u are pushing h is fine as long as u have something to balance the pressure. i dont know how it is on the gm but if you cna pull the cats off from the rest of the system a long metal rod and hammer should pull it off. if you cant....good luck with that screen!!
          Sellin off toys... need money for the dodge!

Comment

H pipe gives off the traditional V8 low rumble where the X gives it a higher racing engine pitch.

2005 Legacy GT *13.5 @ 96MPH*
            2003 Mercury Marauder *Totaled*

Comment

x pipe flows smoother, leans any power advances towards mid and top end power, while an h pipe isnt as smooth, more of a pressure equalizer, and lends any power it may give to the low end and mid range powerband, as for gutting cats, slam a metal rod through them, punch out as much as possible, WHILE THE PIPE IS OFF THE CAR DO THIS NEXT STEP!!!---take blow torch, create longest flame possible and shove it in the pipe, thereby heating up the screen and whatever is left, careful not to screw up the pipe, and then use your metal rod or whatever to yank out the leftovers, as the screen will break up when heated extremly hot, or hook it with a metal coathanger when its hot and pull it out, no blowtorch?, plug one end of the pipe with a rag, add some gasoline or whatever in the other end, drop in a match and let it burn, smash and pull cat insides, and repeat, either way you can gut about 99% of the insides
              jay--1983 towncar, 302v8 cfi, dual straight pipes w/resonators ,edelbrock motor goodies, custom interior, full custom stereo system, full rebuilt trunk audio setup, custom paint...more to come......

Comment

Working...
              X