No announcement yet.

PI heads = Computer tune??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lonnie that did it (blueovalchips.com) said that I download the software and then tune it that way. Thanks for the link that was helpful. So he was suppose to send me a email with the program on it? He did no such thing and he said it wasn't needed. I didn't get the tune for colder plugs or 180 t-stat so no need for the different plugs.
    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Thanks merc6! I went I was missing the .xtr file from the dealer. I THANKFULLY saved the emails from lonnie and sure enough I messed the attached files. Now when I get home from work I can screw around with it. :banana:

Comment

you never said if you hooked Xcal to obdII port and see what the redline was. Did you touch the tune in the handheld or just hit cancel to changing the paramiters before uploading to car?

2005 Legacy GT *13.5 @ 96MPH*
        2003 Mercury Marauder *Totaled*

Comment

Oh shit, are you saying the x cal has to be plugged into the usb and the obdII port at the same time??? If that is the cause I'm screwed cause all of this is on my pc that is in my house no laptop. And I just screwed up by deleteing the premium fuel tune on the xcal. I can't get the USB drivers to work. I'm so confused right now. I hate computers.

Comment

Please, I hope someone can tell me how to get the premium fuel program back. I don't care if I'm able to tune it or not at this point. I'm sick to my stomach and I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight. I always screw something up. $400 down the drain if I can't get this right.

Comment

no for datalogging you need laptop but uploading the emailed tune you don't iirc. Just the cord is needed. I was saying if you plugged the tuner to car and went to the settings you can see whats done like if you have a gononer or what redline and idle for example.

2005 Legacy GT *13.5 @ 96MPH*
              2003 Mercury Marauder *Totaled*

Comment

Working...
              X