No announcement yet.

Just ordered a superchip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of air intake did you order for your '92?
    Car: 2004 Mercury Marauder
    Engine/Tranny: 49k miles and bone stock....for now

Comment

Its not the system sorry for the misinterpretation its more of the intake http://cgi.ebay.ca/MERCURY-GRAND-MAR...QQcmdZViewItem

and it comes with a filter but a no name so i have to put my ractive one back on . dont know though whats another good company?
      1992 GrandMarquis LS
      The boat with the sound.

Comment

The big Plastic thing that bolts to the throttle body (often called a violin case) is your biggest restriction. putting a cone filter on in front of it may be a slight improvement if any.

There was a local muffler shop around here that would bend an intake pipe out of 3" pipe.
        2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
        89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
        88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

Anyways I quickly put it on before work today and found out that my car wont start. So i took it out and will work on it further tongiht. but for some reason my baby runs kinda different after that though.. meh who knows.
          1992 GrandMarquis LS
          The boat with the sound.

Comment

did you transfer over the MAF sensor and hook it back up?
            I think the IAT is in there somewhere too.

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

The IAT (Intake Air Temperature sensor) is screwed into the air box lid next to the MAF.

When I put in my 12" conical K&N I drilled a 1/2" hole in the rubber end and screwed it in. I had to extend the wires for the IAT, but it worked well. Hopefully the company that made that intake left provisions for the IAT in the tube after the MAF. (Though I doubt it....)

Comment

No...... Lol when i install the superchip into the computer she just doesnt want to start. And after i pulled it out it seems to be acting kinda funny. Wierd though. Anyone install a superchip before?
                1992 GrandMarquis LS
                The boat with the sound.

Comment

Did you pull the computer and clean (and I mean REALLY CLEAN!!!!) the connector?

There is an epoxy covering the connector that will keep the chip from making good contact. When I put in my chip the computer was out of the car and apart. Even then I had to work my a$$ off getting the terminals clean. If all of the pins aren't clean, it's going to act funny or not run.

As for acting funny now, un-plug the battery and reset the ECM. (Leave it disconnected for 30 minutes or so) That will reset the computer to factory and should make her run right again.

Comment

sounds like you need to go back and do your homework, dan.

Comment

Alright thanks Im gonna reset the Computer today and maybe work on pulling it all day. I didnt pull it out but I did scrap everything off of it i could see anything ruining the connection but I will try. Thanks. and

Yes I did do my homework I just had troubles taking th ecomputer out so i skipped that step.
                      1992 GrandMarquis LS
                      The boat with the sound.

Comment

Without removing the computer and taking the case apart you won't be able to get the terminals clean. Be sure to get all of the coating off, and scrub the connectors until they are a nice copper color, not silver.

Did you get what looks like steel wool with the chip? My Superchip had a small steel wool pad to clean the connection.

Comment

Originally posted by 88grandmarq
                          sounds like you need to go back and do your homework, dan.
                          Stop being so fucking abrasive.
                          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

This may help you with the install. http://www.blueovalchips.com/faq/chipinstall.php
                            2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

turns out the chip may be defective. So im gonna call superchip tomorow as Im officially out of school today. And then see if they will run me through some steps then i can ship it out and theyll ship it back. well hopefully if all else fails i will try to return it.
                              1992 GrandMarquis LS
                              The boat with the sound.

Comment

So far to date turns out keystone doesnt preprogram them like they said they would anyways tough luck now i have to end it down to florida and get it back so they can program it for me
                                1992 GrandMarquis LS
                                The boat with the sound.

Comment

Working...
                                X