No announcement yet.

shock questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes I go the bushing kit, but those are back order and the guestimated ship date is 8/13. I may have to put them in @ ScottFest
    GMNRadio DJ, Podcast Co-Host
    1984 Ford LTD Crown Victoria - Drag Car.
    99 Ranger 2.5 - Parts hauler and Pit truck.
    03 Mustang 3.8 Convertable - Head Gaskets fukered up
    95 S10 93 Accord

Comment

Originally posted by MeLikeyStripperChicks
      I think I'll be going with the Afco 1020 once money becomes available, with my massive springs most of what you guys run just won't keep up. The Afcos are about $60 each though, so they better work good, lol.
      Well, in the 3 miles I drove it...My car impressed the hell out of me.
      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Well, turbo2256b's car impressed the hell of me with those in the front, so guess that means I'll be getting those babes installed in the beginning of September.

Comment

kyb shocks are good
          the gr2's are cheaper and give a nice ride......i always get ones for the pi
          the gas a justs are firmer, but more money
          what bushings are you speaking of mang? autozone is the best place to order energy suspension stuff......had mikes bushings in 24 hrs

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania
            kyb shocks are good
            the gr2's are cheaper and give a nice ride......i always get ones for the pi
            the gas a justs are firmer, but more money
            what bushings are you speaking of mang? autozone is the best place to order energy suspension stuff......had mikes bushings in 24 hrs
            The upper bushings for the front shocks.The one's that come with the shocks are to thin and will not compress and hold the shock in the tower very firmly,it'll give ya a bouncy kinda feelingbecause of that extra give I ran mine for about 2 weeks that way till KYB shipped out the bushings.
            I have an extra set if ya need them by the way.

02 MERCURY GRAND MARQUIS 4.6 ALL STOCK,KYB GAS ADJUSTS,GATOR BACK BELT.SOON TO COME J-MOD,DUAL EXHAUST

Comment

with the police car it used to be so firm you could feel everything on the road but now it's like like riding a speedboat made of jello. can anyone supply a list of company's offer a high performace alternative to a stock suspension stuff?.
              YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

I love my edelbrocks, when I get into it they're agressive, but on the highway shes more luxurious than ever.
                Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Originally posted by capridrifter
                  with the police car it used to be so firm you could feel everything on the road but now it's like like riding a speedboat made of jello. can anyone supply a list of company's offer a high performace alternative to a stock suspension stuff?.
                  Billstein?

1991 Crown Victoria LTD, Puff the Magik Dragon

Comment

Originally posted by capridrifter
                    Have you looked at the sticky at he top of the suspension index page?
                    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Working...
                    X