Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP - 03 GM can't get rear rotor off!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would've never even seen my truck if this state had safety inspections.

Comment

Originally posted by 82LTDQS View Post
      In FL, they dont care. No emissions or inspections. I wounder what they would say about my car if we did have inspections?????
      Hard to tell. I know my wagon would definitely not be being driven right now, and they'd probably find something major wrong with the P72 as well even if they didn't test for emissions. I guess like I've said before, what bugs me worst about state inspections of any sort is that they force older vehicles off the road when people can't afford to make the repairs and/or give people unnecessary incentive to go into excessive debt on a brand-new car.
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Why did they eliminate inspections in FL? i remeber as a kid my parents taking their cars to get inspected and they only checked emissions not the detailed check PA does. thats crazy.

4thPanther..03 MGM LS
        previous panthers: 87 MGM, 85 CV 2 DOOR, 89 MGM.

Comment

Not sure. I'm fairly certain my car would pass though. Unless they check for oil leaks.
          1989 Grand Marquis LS
          flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

Originally posted by 89merk View Post
            Why did they eliminate inspections in FL? i remeber as a kid my parents taking their cars to get inspected and they only checked emissions not the detailed check PA does. thats crazy.
            That's the exact same thing I grew up with in Lake County, Indiana. I remember one summer it was incredibly hot and the line at the smog-check station was amazingly long, probably stretched around the block - and I had to sit in that line not only with my mom in her car, but also with her in a family friend's car that she took to get tested! That alone taught me that smog testing is evil.

In '96 my Quad-4 Cutlass Calais flunked emissions in the rev-to-2-grand-and-hold-it-there test and needed a new oxygen sensor or something (don't know what, wasn't allowed to work on it much), and in '97 the Colony Park passed the chassis dyno test just great on the first try. Then I left that corner of the state and haven't had to worry about emissions checks since.
            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Working...
            X