Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texasvic
    Rear stabilizer bar axle bracket

Yeah I couldn't find one like that stock, that fit my greasable bushings, so I had to use the regular two bolt hole flat u bracket, in which I used the 3" clamp to give me the perfect mounts for them.

Comment

It was a pain in the ass for me to get those. The dealership kept telling me it was being delivered and then they changed owners...

:chainsaw:
      -Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyiroc
        I can tell you, it does! The rear is easy. BTW I can tell you you can use 3" exhaust clamps to make a mount for the u brackets, as our vic use some funny t shaped bracket, which unless you drill a hole in the bracket on the rear end, it wont stay in there, it is a beautiful way to hold it in there.
        That's a good idea. I was gonna just weld on what ever I was going to make, but, if I use a 3" clamp I can remove it and carry over to my next Box. Sweet!!

Where do the ends of those bolts in the front go to? Is there a spot off the frame there they mount to?

Comment

BTW, how much would all the parts cost me, the largest sway bar, the bolts and bushings. All the custom stuff I will prolly make appear out of nothing

Comment

if you only buy Energy Suspension bushings, brackets, endlinks, and both addco bars, and 3" exh clamps, should be under oh....250-270?

Comment

The 3" clamps I have somehwere. Thanks a lot man, I'll keep this in mind for a future mod, it don't look hard at all, a little welding and some drilling and that's it. I think it would take maybe 1-2hours tops. That's pretty easy, but I've gotta do some more research into how much of an advantage it would be over the 1" PI sway that I aready have in the rear.

Comment

Jiroc-

How exactly did you mount those 3" clamps, and where? Do you have a pic? My rear driver's endlink has snapped off(at the swaybar end) so I will be replacing the bar, and endlinks, and would like to get some poly swaybar bushings as well, and was wondering how to mount the bar bushings. Your idea sounds like a stroke of genius, but am just wondering about the particulars...

Thank You and
                Good Day
                1993 GM LS 244K
                29.5mm PI front bar, ENS greaseable bushings, 21mm rear bar, ENS bushings, endlinks. Black steelies, center caps. Stewart-Warner mechanical oil pressure guage. K&N filter

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII 144K
                All airbags are now coils/struts. Junk tranny, motor donor car

Mercury Owners Group

If you don\'t like what I have to type, don\'t read it. It is only my opinion, nothing more.

Comment

:bump:

Thank You.

Good Day
                  1993 GM LS 244K
                  29.5mm PI front bar, ENS greaseable bushings, 21mm rear bar, ENS bushings, endlinks. Black steelies, center caps. Stewart-Warner mechanical oil pressure guage. K&N filter

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII 144K
                  All airbags are now coils/struts. Junk tranny, motor donor car

Mercury Owners Group

If you don\'t like what I have to type, don\'t read it. It is only my opinion, nothing more.

Comment

Working...
                  X