No announcement yet.

Codes Have Changed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well...... I stumbled upon a PAIR of inexpensive NGK oxygen sensors!!!

So I had them installed! And since the car was up in the air I also installed a fuel filter.

Cleared the codes and NOTHING! Well nothing until I started driving.

The rough idle was STILL there! And 20 minutes later the damn CEL comes back on!!!!

P01132

The causes (so says the computer) are bank 1 leaking fuel injectors AND/OR stuck open EGR valve.

But I cleaned the EGR valve. Ya'll think it can be stuck???

Comment

UPDATE!!!!!!!

Cleaned the MAF, replaced the EGR annnnnnnnnnd....... NOTHING!!

A nice fella hooked up his expensive computer to her and found out there are no mis-fires. Extremely unlikely there is a compression problem. Not blowing oil / smoke / fog. No leaks! The engine and trans are TIGHT!!!!!

Thing is all of the same codes came BACK up today relating to the o2 sensors and I replaced them YESTERDAY! (NTK / NGK brand)

So we have concluded from him AND a master Ford tech that there is a break in the wire harness for the o2 sensors!!! (or the PCM is screwed)

I need to get a diagram / explosion photo of the wiring harrness for this evil o2 sensor harness! And then find the break(s) in the wire.

Comment

Something Scott and I found while scrapping 4.6 parts. Those things have a couple of rubber vacuum fittings along the back edge of the intake where they connect a hard plastic line to the manifold. Two of them were cracked on the scrap intakes. You might want to look for cracked rubber booties on the vacuum piping. Leaks will screw things up.

More often than not, when you're getting oxygen sensor codes, it is NOT the oxygen sensor or any of that wiring at fault. Its usually telling you there is an actual problem. replacing the sensors almost never makes those codes go away. You have to find out what is causing the sensor to show lean and fix that or you'll run out of money replacing things randomly without being likely to actually fix the problem.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
          Something Scott and I found while scrapping 4.6 parts. Those things have a couple of rubber vacuum fittings along the back edge of the intake where they connect a hard plastic line to the manifold. Two of them were cracked on the scrap intakes. You might want to look for cracked rubber booties on the vacuum piping. Leaks will screw things up.

More often than not, when you're getting oxygen sensor codes, it is NOT the oxygen sensor or any of that wiring at fault. Its usually telling you there is an actual problem. replacing the sensors almost never makes those codes go away. You have to find out what is causing the sensor to show lean and fix that or you'll run out of money replacing things randomly without being likely to actually fix the problem.
          But I replaced the wires.

Comment

Working...
          X