X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump for reference

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer View Post
      I appologize that I do not have time to do a search if this has come up already. I thought that you could get one or the other but not both together. I am looking at a 98 GM with both (X5-3L27).....
      There is an option of both? Interesting... Then I may just keep the traction control active in my ABS build...

Comment

I've heard rumors that Ford on some cars and trucks would use the door axle code for Trac Lock if the car had traction control, even though it isn't actually a trac lock rear end. I've seen several Aeros that were marked this way too. Its just one more thing to complicate determining what a car actually does and doesn't have. I don't know when/if they stopped doing this.
        -Steve

2006 Audi A6 S-Line FWD ~132k miles, stock.
        1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS HPP ~102k miles, slowly acquiring modifications.
        1997 Lincoln Town Car Cartier ~145k miles, Ported Plenum, Gutted Airbox, Mechanical Fan Delete, Contour E-fan Retrofit, Dual exhaust, Cats ran away, KYB Gas-A-Justs, P71 front sway bar, air ride reinstalled, Blinker Mod, Projector headlight retrofit, Caddy 4-note horn retrofit, Wood rim steering wheel, rustbelt diet plan..
        1996 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 117,485mi. R.I.P. 7/14/12

Comment

Originally posted by BigMerc96 View Post
          I've heard rumors that Ford on some cars and trucks would use the door axle code for Trac Lock if the car had traction control, even though it isn't actually a trac lock rear end. I've seen several Aeros that were marked this way too. Its just one more thing to complicate determining what a car actually does and doesn't have. I don't know when/if they stopped doing this.
          somewhere along the lines, they changed the codes completely. I don't know how to decipher the later ones...

Comment

My 93 GM sport (which was one of my all time favorite cars) had posi and traction control. So does my 03 Marauder.
            Jay
            03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
            02 SL500 Silver Arrow
            08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
            12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Originally posted by jaywish View Post
              My 93 GM sport (which was one of my all time favorite cars) had posi and traction control. So does my 03 Marauder.
              Jay
              Yay!!! There's hope lol.

Comment

That's a really nice P71 you picked up.

It is true what others have said of the Ford traction control. It brings one wheel spin down to a point, but really kills forward momentum. I had friend with a MK8 with an Auburn Pro LSD in it and it worked out really well compared to my stock MK8. The LSD brought the traction control activating threshold up enough to not make clicking the trac control button off everytime I started the car mandatory like it was on my stock MK8.

Interested in seeing the dark charcoal '00 you mentioned. Rare to find one with that color interior. Is it posted online?

Comment

Working...
                X