coordinating sway bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

roll rate also come into play.

with stiff springs and small bar you get a rougher ride, but more roll in the corners

with soft springs and stiff bars you get a smother ride but less roll in the corners. and if you go with too big of a bar it can actually lift the inside tire in hard cornering
    http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
    http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Originally posted by DuceAnAHalf View Post

with stiff springs and small bar you get a rougher ride, but more roll in the corners

with soft springs and stiff bars you get a smother ride but less roll in the corners. and if you go with too big of a bar it can actually lift the inside tire in hard cornering
      And with too soft of springs you can lift tires. Or too short of shocks. I have experienced both on my wagon.
      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by DuceAnAHalf View Post

That all depends on what rates you choose for both. You could have stiff spring/small bar and soft spring/stiff bar with identical roll in the corners, but one rides smoother than the other on even, straight bumps. I'm not a fan of the way big bars jerk you around when you hit a bump in the road diagonally. If I ever decide to further lessen my body roll, I'll do so with stiffer springs all around to achieve a better balance and further minimize squat/dive. Even with cop springs, which are worlds better than the base springs, the car is still pillowy soft and would not ride like a lumberwagon IMO with 1000# front and 300# rears with Bilstein shocks all around. The Bils are the reason I'll never spring for it though, my cop shocks have less than 10k on them ATM.
        1992 CVLX. 5.0 HO/GT40P/T5/3.73/trak-lok with bolt ons. 02 front CVPI setup, rear HPP setup, CVPI shocks around, F250 radiator, e-fans, and the power of 3G. 15.92@89mph, 2.4 60', 4700' elevation (5500' DA) with 3.08 open rear and the old oil chugging 289. RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by Crownvicman289 View Post
          That all depends on what rates you choose for both. You could have stiff spring/small bar and soft spring/stiff bar with identical roll in the corners, but one rides smoother than the other on even, straight bumps. I'm not a fan of the way big bars jerk you around when you hit a bump in the road diagonally. If I ever decide to further lessen my body roll, I'll do so with stiffer springs all around to achieve a better balance and further minimize squat/dive. Even with cop springs, which are worlds better than the base springs, the car is still pillowy soft and would not ride like a lumberwagon IMO with 1000# front and 300# rears with Bilstein shocks all around. The Bils are the reason I'll never spring for it though, my cop shocks have less than 10k on them ATM.
          I am running 1000lb front springs and still had to put on the largest front bar you can get for a panther. The spring location is pretty bad.
          Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Working...
          X