Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
    Really? When'd they start doing that?

I seem to recall reading a recommendation to install a grease zerk anyway ....

I've seen arguments for and against. Don't know who to believe, but I grease everything on both cars regularly (though the 96 Pontiac had no fittings from the factory) and none of the components have failed yet. Only parts that have were non-serviceable....also likely stockers though
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

all the stock parts on the 93 vic in the front were greaseable EXCEPT the upper ball joints. one tie rod is non-greaseable since I had a mechanic change that to do an alignment and they used the cheapest crap they could get.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Ya greasing them up didn't fix the problem got rid of the squeaking but. Didn't fix the steering replacing the ball jooints now

Comment

I am sorry to bring back an old post, but I am going through the same ssues with the OP, I greased the front end except the steering linkage (shaft and stuff) Where exactly do you grease in this area?

And also, Are you supposed to use Power steering fluid or ATF type F fluid?
          "To Find yourself, you must first lose yourself"

-1973 Volkswagen Bus Westy
          -1986 Honda Magna 700cc
          -1989 Lincoln Town car Signature Series
          -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

The issue is all these spueaks happened AFTER I greased in the boots (don't have zerk fittings)
            "To Find yourself, you must first lose yourself"

-1973 Volkswagen Bus Westy
            -1986 Honda Magna 700cc
            -1989 Lincoln Town car Signature Series
            -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

Working...
            X