No announcement yet.

Looking for good winter tires for my town car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have Four studded Winterforce on my 89 TC. Without 3 sandbags in the trunk, it is all over the road. Even with the sand bags, it is hard to get up my driveway. The studs are almost gone this winter so traction without ice is a bit better. I had a set of Blizzaks studless which I were outstanding. I got over 60k on the set. They held the road very well.
    I have a set of Yokohama studless now on the Subaru. They are good but not great. Very quiet tire I wish I bought the Blizzaks.

Comment

Honestly, in NJ we don't get so much snow that its really needed. I drove around fine with no added weight and H rated all season tires in my 86 without any trouble. Then again I also went for years with half bald shitty all season tires on the truck with no weight in the bed and managed OK with that. I run cinderblocks in the bed now, but still with the allseason tires. The Towncar hasn't seen snow in years at this point.

Honestly I'd be driving the Subaru or the round car. Good box body parts are harder to find than round car stuff.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
      X