Wheel opinions, part 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by N A
    You need a set of wheels like BK_Grand_Marquis. What wheels and tires does he have for his car?
    I have 38 offset wheels with spacers for my 2001. He has a 2003 and would not need the same spacers but a 38 offset is probably a little low. He would need a small 7/16" or 1/2" spacer. Either that or just get a wheel with a higher offset.

I took a chance getting my rims. I wasn't positive it would fit. I did have the option of getting different sized spacers to make up the difference though. I got 30mm spacers first. I checked them out and wanted and needed to push the rear wheel out more for clearance, so I got 35mm for the rear. I was very anxious when I was trying to figure out what size spacers to get. They ain't cheap. There were $200+ a pair and returning them is not really an option. It also took me a month and a half to wait for both sets to come in. I used spacers made for a Mustang but they are still kinda rare, so they are special orders.

On the bright side, I have more options for new wheels now. I autocrossed an entire season of over 100 runs and drive it daily. No ill effects. I plan on getting a 2nd set of wheels for winter tires/summer race tires. Just need to find the right ones.
    2001 Grand Marquis LS
    SuperMotors Page
    CJMF
    Motorsports North East

Best 1/4 Mile : 15.771 @ 86.96 mph 11/05/05
    224 RWHP - 250 RWTQ - 03-18-06

New Best 1/4 Mile :
    15.195 @ 89.79 mph 2.207 60' 11/03/06 - Race weight 4458 lbs.

Comment

I like those on his car, but I don't think they'd "fit" on mine. I don't plan on doing any auto-X, I just think they'd be out of place on mine.

Comment

Working...
      X