No announcement yet.

no brakes!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiggle the connections on the U-haul harness. Moisture could have gotten in there , or the connectors might have came loose.
    http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
    http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

1- possible bad BOO switch, Brake on-off switch
      2-MFS
      3-wire issue, anywhere, but could be at the wiring for the trailer. make sure the plug for the trailer isnt effed up
      4-LCM
      5- fuse

here is a schematic, just find the correct color wires, and test away

Comment

diagram says fuse 1 BTW, 15 amp

also #5 ,5 amp.

Looking at the schematics, If your third brake lamp lights, the fuse is ok, but the other lamps run thru the MFS, the 3rd lamps do not, so you need to check for power on the light green wire of the mfs, if ok, WAIT A MINUTE, if your turn signals work, it has to be the MFS, as the brake filament wire is the same wire as the turn signals are from the MFS.....TAH DAH! try this out.

Comment

,me and the uhaul dude looked over the trailer wiring real good and it seemed ok.

all fuses are good, replaced all the rear lightbulbs just for the hell of it too

i have seperate turn signals / brakes

my rear lights

third light- brakes

left side 2 light bulbs-mber turn signal another 2 red for parking AND brakes (dual filiment?)

right side (same as left)
          Last edited by DanHool; 07-20-2006, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyiroc
            diagram says fuse 1 BTW, 15 amp

also #5 ,5 amp.

Looking at the schematics, If your third brake lamp lights, the fuse is ok, but the other lamps run thru the MFS, the 3rd lamps do not, so you need to check for power on the light green wire of the mfs, if ok, WAIT A MINUTE, if your turn signals work, it has to be the MFS, as the brake filament wire is the same wire as the turn signals are from the MFS.....TAH DAH! try this out.

I was thinking the same thing...
            And the BOO too.
            My car is a Shelby SVT Cobra GT Boss Grand Marquis Type R

Comment

Not the BOO with the high mount working... wiring short or MFS.
              :worship: Aeros r00l.

Comment

SHIT.............. if its a short and not the MFS im gonna be pissed.

i see the diagram now, hmm hopefully its the MFS.........
                Last edited by DanHool; 07-21-2006, 04:32 AM.

Comment

yup. it was free fix luckilly. thank you krenzen lincoln mercury caddilac. fixed it while i was in san antonio and even left the keys with a salesman so i could get my car back on the weekend
                  Last edited by DanHool; 07-30-2006, 01:31 AM.

Comment

So what was the problem?

Comment

brake switch, upposidely, since i picked the car up ont he weekend they didnt have any paperwork just the keys so im going to have to have them mail it out, or go get the paper to see what they actualy put in. mechanic said it was not the mfs thouh

Comment

well today was the first day ive driven the car since i picked up up, dead tired over the weekend, decided to go look at my new brake lights, and guess what! they dont work!!! IM PISSSSED!!!!!!!! the car sat there for over a WEEK! and they didnt do shit~!

so do i do in there tomorrow morning kickinbg and screaming, or go in polite, or, call them up first?
                        Last edited by DanHool; 08-01-2006, 01:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DANARCHY
                          well today was the first day ive driven the car since i picked up up, dead tired over the weekend, decided to go look at my new brake lights, and guess what! they dont work!!! IM PISSSSED!!!!!!!! the car sat there for over a WEEK! and they didnt do shit~!

so do i do in there tomorrow morning kickinbg and screaming, or go in polite, or, call them up first?
                          Don't ask for advice from me...'cause you know what I'd do.
                          Seriously though that sucks.
                          My car is a Shelby SVT Cobra GT Boss Grand Marquis Type R

Comment

well, ford freestyle will be sitting in my driveway till next monday

Comment

okay, got the car back fromt he dealership today. got back intown this mroning, one corroded wire, and one chafed wire, rightnext to the MFS. such a small guage wire i guess it didnt take much. was inder that drivers side kick panel near the firewall. only 46 bucks to get it fixed though, 12 bucks worth of wire and odds and ends and the rest labor...,.

Comment

$46.00 from a stealership? You robbed them, even if they did overcherge you on the wire.

Comment

Working...
                                X