Digital Dash Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digital Dash Question

Does anyone know what year digital dashes (IPs) can be used on a 1995 Mercury Grand Marquis? I have a new friend, with a wonky IP and wishes to swap it out for a used unit. I know you have to start with a '95 but how new can you go beyond that? The '95 ones on EBAY don't look that great so perhaps a '96 or newer would work. In other words, what is the cut off period (say '95 to when)?
    What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
    What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Looks like 95 only. 93-94 is a different one and 96-97 is a different one (part number F6). So bah and humbug. Might have decent luck just reflowing the solder joints on the current one if anyone wants to try that. 96-97 model might be compatible, but I would see if you can find a pinout for both to make sure.
    Last edited by sly; 03-08-2024, 03:51 PM.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Thanks! I would think a '96 at least would work but who knows?

Comment

They at least look the same.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
          They at least look the same.
          That they do! Wonder if they work the same? I probably would not go past '96 or '97 at the most but hate to take everything apart, spend his money to find out I was mistaken.

Comment

Yeah... kinda why a pinout for 95 and 96 would be helpful. I only have 93/94 and 2000-2003 diagrams, so I can't help there unfortunately.

Comment

Haven't found the pin outs either so if I feel enthused, I may just take a chance depending upon what the price for a used IP would be. Enthusiasm is inversely proportional to the price!

Comment

Working...
              X