No announcement yet.

cruise control mod inquiry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They had on the news last week that they are either planning or contemplating 85 on some rural Texas roads.

Back to the cruise control; Not much chance to use it in L.A. with all the traffic but I learned that if you have it set to 70 and you want to change it to 65 you just tap the decel button 5 times.Same for faster speeds with the accel button.You don't have to hold it and watch the speedo as was mentioned above.
    I didn't know you could "resume" after using the brakes,I thought you had to start over.
    2001 GM LS 25K miles (now 31K) ABS, Auto Climate, Power Dual Leather (dark charcoal),
    Drifting Barge Pkg.

Comment

Our other car is a Toyota so I do like the cancel feature. That's about the only thing I don't like about my Grand Marquis.

But hey, it's not like Ford will take our opinions into consideration, anyhow.

Comment

I just use the brake. It's not like tapping the brake real quick to cancel out the cruise causes that big of an accordion. And if you see a cop, half the time everyone else is hitting their brakes too...so unless you're alone on the road, you'll blend in. Or drive the speed limit and don't worry about the cops.

I do 50 miles of mostly highway driving to get to work, so I use the cruise all the time. 60-65mph seems to do just fine and a lot better on gas than 75mph does.

sigpic
        - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Working...
        X