heater problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heater problem

I just bought a 2010 Police Interceptor Crown Vic a few months ago and the heater motor went on it. I replaced the motor and all is good with that now, other than there seems to be no air coming out of the defrost vents or dash vents when selected. There is a small amount on the floor when selected, but not near what any other car I have had puts out? My question is what controls where the air is sent to? I thought the blend door just controlled hot or cold output. I know they are famous for the Blend door actuator needing changed out. I better buy a service manual soon for this new addition. Thanks for any replies on this problem.

There are some air doors behind the radio area. The temperature blend door is just temperature. I think these are still vacuum air doors, but it should default to defrost if it loses vacuum. Was there anything stuck in the box around the blower that might be plugging up the airflow ?
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

It was a 20 minute job to change out the blower motor and I didn't really look inside the box. Maybe I should pull it again and take a close look at things. The air is hot, but there just isn't very much of it and I can hear the blower running high and it sounds normal other than where is all the air going? Thanks for the reply.

Comment

I ask only because I had similar problems with my Mark VII. The blower went like hell, but very little air came out. The wheel and box was packed solid with insulation from a burst noise insulation bag somewhere in the dashboard.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I am starting to think that some insulation came loose or something. I hope it's an easy fix and I see something when I pull the motor. It's -15 today in Ontario and I wouldn't mind a decent heater.

Comment

Working...
          X