Seat Belt Warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seat Belt Warning

So lately I have been getting the seat belt warning when I turn my car off and open the door. Usually putting it into drive and back will turn it off or smashing the buckle. Now two questions...

a) will it drain my battery if it is on when I open the door but close it and leave it for hours?
    b) how to fix it?
    93 Mercury Grand Marquis "Lola" 150k+ miles

Likely need to replace the ignition switch

Sent from my XT557 using Tapatalk 2
    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Well it is so picky too. I sometimes just have to tough the light switch a little and it will shut off. The light switch is that pull knob that also spins (worst design ever).

Comment

could be in need of cleaning the contacts in the headlight switch then.

though, getting to it can be a bugger.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Getting to anything in that car is a pain. Heck, when I installed the CB radio, it was so much removal of seats just to get to the bolts and everything... urgh.

Comment

Working...
          X