Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's a good car battery for a 1994 Marquis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's a good car battery for a 1994 Marquis?

Battery just died on my 94 Marquis. Any suggestions for a good, reliable, inexpensive replacement? I read where the Kirkland Signature 12866 is excellent and cheap, but you have to belong to Costco to buy it. Also the Walmart Everlast Maxx 655 (south) is a good deal. Curious to know what you guys out there think. Ed

I've had bad luck with the Walmart batteries. I love the 3 year free replacement though, because they go bad about every 2 years. I bought a battery for my Towncar probably 8 years ago, and haven't paid for one since. I think its on battery #5 now. Each one failed within the free replacement window.

I've had good long service out of batteries from Advance and Autozone, provided you buy the good one. The cheap ones are 3-4 year batteries, the good ones are 6-7 years.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

In my opinion, the Motorcraft batteries are the best. Not cheap however they will last. My last one cost $105. at the dealer.
      I have done the "buy the best cheap one" a few times, not worth it !
      Walmart's top of the line WAS a good battery. Now they are crap. Walmart tricks you with the warranty.
      I used to be an Interstate dealer. They are good batteries If you buy the top of the line. They are expensive unless you can get them wholesale.
      Buy the Motorcraft

Comment

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...iew&highlight=
        03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
        02 SL500 Silver Arrow
        08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
        12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Like others said in that thread, I'm not so sure about that list. My Plus Start battery is only 3 years old and even handled this past winter like a champ. The days that the car wouldn't start this past winter were not because of the battery, and I eventually figured out a bottle Heet with every tank of gas was my ticket to starting this past winter.
          Although I'm not sure if mine is the same model as the one on that list.
          Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
          ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
          ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
          ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Thanks, guys, for the info. Ed

Comment

Working...
            X