tripminder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tripminder

Anyway to get a tripminder in a p71 without converting to digital dash? can you adapt a older box one to work in a newer one?
    Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

If you can make the older one fit somewhere... it should work... but what year are we trying to make it work in? It's rather set for a 5.0L engine and probably won't do well with input from the 4.6L depending on how they actually calculate stuff.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

It's not set for a 5.0 engine. It's set for any Ford vehicle computer that has an output wire for DOL (or fuel flow). I have a tripminder in my mom's 94 Crown Victoria, it's pretty damn accurate. If your computer has the wire, then it'll work. You just gotta find a place for it.

Comment

ah.... good to know... though now that I think of it... I think I knew that already.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
        X