Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any way to add keyless entry module on a '95?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any way to add keyless entry module on a '95?

Hey all,

My car's a Grand Marquis GS without a door keypad. I have a few spare Ford key fobs lying around doing nothing, and was wondering if there was any way to use them with my car. If I get a keyless entry module, can I put it in my car? Or is the wiring different between cars with/without keyless entry? I looked in the dash behind the glove compartment, but it didn't look like in this video posted here on the forum a while back: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBfzC3LNHOM (about a minute in. I assume that's either because a) I have a 95 and that's a 94 or b) I don't have the module. (Does 95 have the module in the driver's side door instead?)

Thanks,
    rez

1995 Grand Marquis GS
    - 156k miles, three-tone until I find my paint
    1990 Toyota Camry DX - 211k miles, someone else's future barn find
    1994 Saturn SW2 wagon - wife's car

Originally posted by SVT98t
    I'll make it fit.
    I own hammers.

I'd like to know the same. Except for a box.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
    The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
    It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

For a box, just go aftermarket with wireless fobs. As for the OPs question I don't know the answer, it may be simpler to just go aftermarket as well.
      2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
      2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
      Past Panthers
      1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
      if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

I think Ford dealers install aftermarket keyless entry systems. And if they do then I'm sure some others can do the same.
        What models they have systems for is a different story, but I would start there.

Comment

95 is in the door. You could swap out the door entry module for one with a keyless entry module. I think the same one was used in Taurus and mark viii. I just looked this up for the 93. I'll see if I can find that crossover table again and post it here.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

crossover chart in this PDF: http://www.stangnet.com/images/stori...s/97-24-13.pdf
            I figure that all the ones that use the same procedure will use the same module. Looks like you need the keypad to program the FOBs for the 95-97 years. Of course, CV/MGM/TC share the same... as well as the Conti 95-98 and Mark Viii 97-98.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

It may require more wiring than just a module with keypad swap. I don't have an EVTM for those years to find out. I do know the 93/94 version requires a crap ton of wiring shenanigans to install a factory keyless entry system. If I ever do add keyless entry to my 93, it'll be some aftermarket version.

Comment

I've had an aftermarket kit in my 89 for years. No remote start. Donald

Comment

Working...
                X