Oil pressure light issue 99 TC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil pressure light issue 99 TC

A couple of weeks ago I noticed that my oil pressure light was coming on intermittently while driving. I changed the oil pressure sender but afterwards the dash light is still on (even with the wire disconnected from sender). No power at the sending unit.

I was thinking maybe the wire is shorting to ground somewhere, so I checked as far up as I could for power. No luck.

Any ideas?

Not 100% sure about your car but often oil lights go on when the wire to the sender is disconnected. With the wire disconnected is the light on constantly? If so then that part of the system, wire and light, are probably fine.
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Working...
    X