2005 GM LS tail light short

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2005 GM LS tail light short

Has anyone experienced shorts in their lights? Recently I went to replace a headlight and mysteriously it started working again. Then Thursday night, I get pulled over by local PD with "non-functioning" tail lights (brakes & signals fine.) I was not given a citation. Later upon arriving at wok the lights were fine and working again. Anyone?
    Nothing makes me smile more than a cougar in my Panther

Kristal - 2005 Grand Marquis GS

Killin' zombies and grillin' veggie burgers, it's kinda my thing you know? - Bozowolf

Yeah. Loose wire every time. Trace the parking light wire and you'll fine the connector in question that's probably loose. Pull apart, clean with some kind of electrical cleaner that's safe on plastic and put it back together. If a wire falls out of the connector, that's probably your issue. Should be in the trunk under the carpet on the sides. Since it's affecting both sides, follow the wires past the Y to the next connector. It's just the tails and not the parking lights up front too right? If it's both, it's probably a connection to the LCM under the dash.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
    X