R12 A/C manifold gauge high side hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R12 A/C manifold gauge high side hose

I have a set of R12 a/c gauges in which the fitting on the red high side hose, is too big for the high side port on my mgm. Another member said that the fitting on the hose is a GM type. I would like to be able to use the gauges to check my high side pressure. How would this best be accomplished? I've been checking for hoses, but haven't found mention of any differences in hoses for GM , Ford , etc. Many of the hoses are rather expensive. Autozone has one for cheap, but I don't know how to tell if it's the one I need or not. Any suggestions?
    1993 Mercury Grand Marquis 4.6L AODE[SIGPIC]sigpic

You need an adapter. There are no different hoses. I'm figuring you are having issues with your ac system since that's the only time anyone ever looks at high side readings.
    http://www.toolsource.com/1976-ford-...r-p-64376.html maybe this is what you're looking for?

Comment

Just did charge the a/c. Was able to read the low side. Red high side hose fitting was too big to fit high side port. Looks like that adapter would do the job. Thanks a bunch.
      1993 Mercury Grand Marquis 4.6L AODE[SIGPIC]sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X