Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

03 Towncar how to take out map light bulbs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

03 Towncar how to take out map light bulbs?

So as some of you know, I have a huge LED addiction and im starting to replace the interior lights to LED, Ive gotten to the rear map lights above the rear doors, how do you get the bulbs out? I popped the lens off but theres no way I can get the bulb out of its socket since its so awkwardly placed. Do I have to remove the whole assembly? if so, how do I do that? Thanks!

2011 Ford Ranger Sport 4.0 2wd - Magnaflow Axleback exhaust, K&N 63 Series CAI, DiabloSport 87 Octane tune, LEDs, 3000K LED projector fogs, 5000K Mini H1 projectors - Daily
    1967 Ford Galaxie 500 Sedan "C-Code" - 289 2bbl/Cruise-O-Matic - Money pit/project

With the handles? Or do you mean the map lights in the middle?
    1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by BlackVic_P71 View Post
      With the handles? Or do you mean the map lights in the middle?
      The ones with the handles built in.

2011 Ford Ranger Sport 4.0 2wd - Magnaflow Axleback exhaust, K&N 63 Series CAI, DiabloSport 87 Octane tune, LEDs, 3000K LED projector fogs, 5000K Mini H1 projectors - Daily
      1967 Ford Galaxie 500 Sedan "C-Code" - 289 2bbl/Cruise-O-Matic - Money pit/project

Comment

The easiest to work on would be pulling the handle down, there should be 2-3 torx head screws holding it to the roof.
        1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by BlackVic_P71 View Post
          The easiest to work on would be pulling the handle down, there should be 2-3 torx head screws holding it to the roof.
          Awesome, thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X